Transfer Overseas

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by desperatefortransfer, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Ok, this is a hard one. But don't shut it down right away. Hopefully there's a way to do this. My husband is a driver of 21 years. We want to transfer to the UK. Not for school or military reasons. Does anyone have any idea if this is in any way possible? Thanks!

2. rod

rod retired and happy

I would imagine transfering to the UK would be about the same as a US citizen wanting to work in Canada. We have a friend whos daughter married a Canadian and it took almost three years of paper work and running around for her to get cleared to work there. A temp work visa is one thing but getting permission to steal a Canadians job takes an act of Parliament. Now if you wanted to illegally sneak into the US and work or get welfare that seems to be a piece of cake.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  3. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Normally transfers of drivers are about as common as winning the Powerball but they happen. I cannot offer any facts about international transfers but I would imagine it would be impossible unless your husband quit and reapplied in the UK which would mean he starts over from scratch. If you come up with the answer, please come back and brief us on the details. Good luck to you and yours!

4. We're hoping that if we can get our labor guys here to talk to their labor guys there, we can get on a transfer list. We just want to keep his company seniority for retirement reasons. I really need to find a way to make this happen.

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Highly unlikely.

6. I know it's unlikely. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking, silly. And unlikely isn't impossible. ;) I'm just wondering if anybody has even attempted this.

7. Brownslave688

Ok honestly you better hire tom cruise because it's essentially mission impossible.

8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

* duplicate post

9. Brownslave688

This won't work. His retirement is through his loca Union not through the company.

Pulling off a transfer within the same local is not an easy task. You're asking for a miracle.

10. What about quitting, showing up in UK, applying at their UPS and getting hired within the 30 day (or is it 90) stay period? Still impossible? :'(

11. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. But why not?

13. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Because UPS isn't set up that way. The international UPS is companies bought by UPS, but are not UPS package anymore the UPS freight is

14. Brownslave688

Maybe if you sleep with the CEO. Video tape it and black mail him so his wife won't find out.

MAYBE.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Ugh, this breaks my heart. I hate it.

16. Brownslave688

But why?

17. Ha!!!

18. Lol, stop! Don't be mean.

19. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

You look pretty attractive from your avatar. Let me introduce myself, I am the CEO of UPS and I hear you have a problem?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Omg, :laugh:HAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!