transfer/relocation

TheKid99

Long story short I would like to move to Houston, TX or Charlotte, NC.

From what I'm hearing on here Houston in desperate need for drivers.

Not sure about Charlotte.

Should I relocate before peak or after peak?

UPSGUY72

Long story short I would like to move to Houston, TX or Charlotte, NC.

From what I'm hearing on here Houston in desperate need for drivers.

Not sure about Charlotte.

Should I relocate before peak or after peak?

That most likely isn't going to happen. You would have to quit and hope you don't get put on the no rehire list. Than you have to hope you got hired as a driver and not a PTimer.

Also there are pension issues. If you not vested yet you lose all the years off service you have in that re-guards. If you are vest you would get a small pension from you current plan when you retired and would have to start over in a new plan in the are you moved to...

TheKid99

You're seasonal, right? Can't you just not get hired permanently in Detroit and apply at a building in Texas or North Carolina?

Yeah I'm a seasonal handler.

I'm going to be a seasonal driver in late August or early September. Most likely I will be hired off the street here they're hiring across the board here.

So I'm guessing it would be smart to get hired on first and then worry about transferring later?

brownrod

I'm going to be a seasonal driver in late August or early September. Most likely I will be hired off the street here they're hiring across the board here.

So I'm guessing it would be smart to get hired on first and then worry about transferring later?

no transfer option exists in that area. you are stuck where you get hired. you have to quit and get rehired and start over.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

No....just apply at the building out of state that you'd like to work at.

AndUPSER

Look at the UPS jobs website to see if any cities are hiring for package car drivers. I'm pretty sure you have stated that you "can't load for a year" so this will probably be your best option.

It's close to impossible to transfer, unless you' re in the west I believe, unless it's for educational purposes. Transferring also comes with a risk if you want to go driving. Like a 10 year wait for PTers to go full time driving.

Darin

I have a question. I've been getting the old UPS running around regarding my transfer status. I'm vested and I know the games that are played with their employees. I start school in a week and I've been up and down the chains of command. Does anyone have the corporate human resources number, or any number that has a human being that can actually help?

MoarTape

We have a casual feeder driver in NewPa that apparently got hired on full time in Florida. Not sure how, but it's apparently not completely out of the question.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have a question. I've been getting the old UPS running around regarding my transfer status. I'm vested and I know the games that are played with their employees. I start school in a week and I've been up and down the chains of command. Does anyone have the corporate human resources number, or any number that has a human being that can actually help?
Go and speak to the head of HR. That's what i had to do to avoid the runaround game.

Sent using BrownCafe App