Transfer shift from sunrise to twilight but keep $1 more per hour?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Yeanop, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Yeanop

Yeanop New Member

Hi all. I've worked at UPS for 3 months now as a preloader, but because of a new job I need to switch to the twilight shift. Because I'm a preloader, I started at $9.50/hr instead of $8.50/hr. If I switch to the twilight shift, will I lose the extra $1 per hour?

2. uber

uber Guest

I think you need to work that shift for 6 months before the pay becomes permanent. Then again, at my hub it takes a year before you can switch shifts.

3. Yeanop

Yeanop New Member

Hmmm. I read somewhere in the Master Agreement that I can switch to another shift without 6 months seniority yet (I have 3 months), but I can't find anything about keeping the extra $1.

4. uber

uber Guest

After 6 months of that pay it becomes permanent. I know thats the way with pickoffs and sorters in my building at least.

5. Yeanop

Yeanop New Member

Thanks for the replies. I work in Utah and by the looks of your username you too work in the West (I won't say where) and are probably under the same Western Supplement as I am, so I assume it's the same here. I'll have to talk to my steward I guess.

6. uber

uber Guest

I'm in Portland. Western Supplement indeed.

7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

At my center, if you switch to an 'unskilled' job from a 'skilled' one, you lose the buck.

8. uber

uber Guest

But, if you worked that 'skilled' job for over 6 months they cant take that buck back from you if you change shifts, or move to the unload or load lines.

9. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

They did from two of my co-workers who fled Preload to metro.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Was that because of "Psycho Suzie"?