Transfer

strnspeed

Anyone ever heard of a freight driver transferring to a different terminal? We have a driver doing it next week but under the new contract said terminal is considered the same terminal. I would like to transfer but to an out of state terminal. Any suggestions?

Sent using BrownCafe App

sppollock

First that you would need to do is find out if the terminal you are looking for is hiring, then get ahold of there terminal manager and your terminal manager and try to get transferred. Under the new contract you should have little to no problem doing this, but I haven't seen or heard of a transfer for drivers yet, only a dock worker who transfer from Seattle to Denver.

Pink Slip

Anyone ever heard of a freight driver transferring to a different terminal? We have a driver doing it next week but under the new contract said terminal is considered the same terminal. I would like to transfer but to an out of state terminal. Any suggestions?

Sent using BrownCafe App
The best thing to do is check the Ups Jobs site for the opening you are looking for. If you see the position you are looking for contact the Manager at that terminal and let he/she know you are interested in the position. Fill out the application on the site. Let your shop Stewart know as well as your local rep. This is what I did and it worked for me. Good luck!