Transfer

How would I deal with this issue, I was a full time driver in Los Angeles for 13 years, I worked in a building with 400 drivers and transferred to a building with 8 drivers-no preload-no manager on site-no HR on site-no supervisor on site, there is a clerk that Kinda oversees the center and reports to the manager. The problem is the guy has been extremely rude to me since the day I started, I have never had a problem with a coworker in 13 years and for some reason the guy hates me, The reason I transferred to the building was to be closer to my parents because my mother was sick with cancer. This situation is absolutely driving me nuts and has to be stopped, but I am not sure how I should approach it any advice Would be greatly appreciated....

rod

Retired 22 years
First of all sorry about your mother. Second--Maybe this clerk was in line to become a driver and you aced him out. Any way--why would you even let clerk get to you?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sorry about your mom. i lost mine to cancer last year.

does this clerk know why you transferred? with me it wouldnt matter. i wouldnt give him a second thought. life's too short.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would imagine the clerk was next in line to go FT. He/she might get over it, might not. Time to put your power of ignore to work.

eyeramona

Wrap yourself in the can't touch this bubble before you have to deal with him. Most of these types of peeps just love to spread their cranky around....Don't let it touch you Mr. Teflon.

P

pickup

Give the clerk a gift , it worked for Kris Kringle when he gave one to the Winter Warlock in "Santa Claus is coming to Town"(one foot in front of the other). The icy exterior of the Winter Warlock just melted.

Similar results for Suzy Who when she gave a gift to the Grinch.

*Your mileage may vary and past performance is no indicator of future results.

P

pickup

We have a miserable clerk who once had management aspirations and was passed over and got demoted into the position he currently and will permanently hold.

It seems to be his goal to make everyone miserable. Every once in awhile I need to gently put him in his place and then it's all good for 3-5 weeks. Then he starts pushing the boundaries again. And then it is time to give him his attitude adjustment. Repeat and rinse with no curse words.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Article 37 said:
Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity and respect.

I'm occasionally guilty of failing to abide by the last clause of that paragraph (the one that mentions the Employer), but nobody's grieved it yet so I guess I'm good.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
as anyone ever known a employee to file an article 37 on another hourly?

i haven't.

I've seen it happen, but usually management steps in with the "professional conduct" conversation before it gets to that point. Smart managers realize that they need to be proactive about that stuff in order to avoid a lawsuit.

If it's something truly horrendous, they fire them.

jaker

trolling
How would I deal with this issue, I was a full time driver in Los Angeles for 13 years, I worked in a building with 400 drivers and transferred to a building with 8 drivers-no preload-no manager on site-no HR on site-no supervisor on site, there is a clerk that Kinda oversees the center and reports to the manager. The problem is the guy has been extremely rude to me since the day I started, I have never had a problem with a coworker in 13 years and for some reason the guy hates me, The reason I transferred to the building was to be closer to my parents because my mother was sick with cancer. This situation is absolutely driving me nuts and has to be stopped, but I am not sure how I should approach it any advice Would be greatly appreciated....
Is this guy a union worker or management , if he is union tell him to pound sand if he is management then art 37

Union employees can't tell another worker what to do