Transfering to another UPS

GoneBrown

I have another transferring question.

I understand that a part timer can transfer for approved educational purposes and I understand that the person will lose building seniority. Is everything the same if I (a part time sorter) need to transfer within the same district (same state and only an hour away/same local) because my wife's job?

This would be a non-educational transfer. Or would I need to quit and get rehired?

Thanks for the help.

Dan Boardman

I am a pre-loader / sorter in Dover New Hampshire .... but am moving to Portland Maine. That would make my (pre dawn) commute about an hour and fifteen minutes - one way. So ... naturally I would like to transfer to a closer UPS building in Maine. But, like I have been reading in these forums, I have been told that I must basically quit my current job and get hired at the building I want to transfer to. Not only that but because it is across state lines, that means different unions, which means paying more dues like when I was first hired in New Hampshire. I have only been a UPS employee for a little over 2 years, so I don't really care too much about losing seniority ... but starting over at entry level pay and re-paying my union dues is like a kick in the nuts. Plus it isn't even guaranteed that I will even get hired at the Portland Maine hub. ? !
Ok .... now here is my question ... is it true that it is easier to transfer across state lines, and keep your rate of pay, if you say you need to transfer due to going to school???

luie87

I just transferred to AZ from CA, 8 yrs with company gone. I like that whole idea of not being able to bid for a year, but heck we are in the real world and well when we transfer building seniority is gone. So last week I get handed a sheet to go full time driving in another hub and I sign it the next day my sup hands me a Saturday air bid sheet and everyone saw so they filed grievances against it. I'm stilled bummed out about it but like my wife says I would have done the same thing.

Paulaanne

Hello Everyone,
I work at UPS in Oakland California. I'm looking to transfer to Salt Lake City Utah. I have talked to a few coworkers and they have informed me that UPS doesn't transfer state to state. So I'm wondering is that true? If it isn't true how does transferring work? If it is true I'm needing to know if I should reapply at that hub? This is confusing... :(
Thank you all so much,
Paulie :)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hello Everyone,
I work at UPS in Oakland California. I'm looking to transfer to Salt Lake City Utah. I have talked to a few coworkers and they have informed me that UPS doesn't transfer state to state. So I'm wondering is that true? If it isn't true how does transferring work? If it is true I'm needing to know if I should reapply at that hub? This is confusing... :(
Thank you all so much,
Have you spoken to HR?

Paulaanne

@bleedinbrown58
Not yet.. I was talking to a coworker and she told me they don't transfer out of state, so I decided to read a little about it before I went in there.. I wanted to have some information on it first..
Also I'm wondering if I lose my pay? I know I lose my sonority but wasn't sure about the pay?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If you are part time you can do an educational transfer if you enroll in school. You have to talk to hr for details

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know that you can transfer within the Western Conference but do not know if both of those locations are part of the WC.

Your only other options would either be an educational transfer or quit and get rehired.

Paulaanne

:woohoo:@silenze Thank you very much for your response..

:thumbsup:@UpstateNYUPSer Thank you also very much for your response..

I'm waiting for my HR department to get back to me.. I have also placed a call to the Union there to see what they have to say.. But I'm very thankful for the help... :happy2::laughing2::happy2::laughing2:

Future

Victory Ride
:panicsmiley::panicsmiley:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you all so much,
Sooooo you are a gangsta and you want to become a Mormon? This has the ring of a new reality show!

Paulaanne

@Future
New
LOL fair from a GANGSTA sweetie... I just moved here like 4 years ago... I'm just not happy here so I figured I would move to where I had family so I could be happy..

Future

Victory Ride
MobstersAndMormonsDVD.jpg
I am allllll over this.....talked to the lifetime channel......filming begins .......TODAY!!!

R1nstang

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I'm needing to transfer and I keep getting conflicting answers. I'm a full time driver in Texas, my wife has been living in Florida for 2 years now because of her job, she cannot find a job in Texas in her field. I've been told by some people that marriage and education are two reasons you can transfer for. But I've always been told by hr straight up that once you go full time there is no transferring. I have to quit my job lose all my pay and benefits and hope that I get rehired in Florida. I'd really like to be able to live with my wife and start a family but neither one of us can just go and quit our jobs without a job waiting for us in whichever state.
Some of y'all mentioned a UPS transfer list/card. How do I find that and sign it? My union reps do not know any information on this transfer process. And I haven't been able to locate any info about it myself regarding UPS policy. Can anyone point out where in the union book or the contracts the transfer thing is mentioned at? Thank you

Future

Victory Ride
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I'm needing to transfer and I keep getting conflicting answers. I'm a full time driver in Texas, my wife has been living in Florida for 2 years now because of her job, she cannot find a job in Texas in her field. I've been told by some people that marriage and education are two reasons you can transfer for. But I've always been told by hr straight up that once you go full time there is no transferring. I have to quit my job lose all my pay and benefits and hope that I get rehired in Florida. I'd really like to be able to live with my wife and start a family but neither one of us can just go and quit our jobs without a job waiting for us in whichever state.
Some of y'all mentioned a UPS transfer list/card. How do I find that and sign it? My union reps do not know any information on this transfer process. And I haven't been able to locate any info about it myself regarding UPS policy. Can anyone point out where in the union book or the contracts the transfer thing is mentioned at? Thank you
Don't know much about this ....but if it did occur ...you would lose all seniority ....just saying

R1nstang

I'm not worried about seniority at all. I'm a cover driver now.. I'll get a route this next bid in January.. But if I have the chance to transfer and live in the same state as my wife then I have no problem being a cover driver a few more years. I just can't quit and lose the pay or the benefits

I'm not worried about seniority at all. I'm a cover driver now.. I'll get a route this next bid in January.. But if I have the chance to transfer and live in the same state as my wife then I have no problem being a cover driver a few more years. I just can't quit and lose the pay or the benefits
Unfortunately that's your only option.