Transferring and losing seniority

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Skittles, May 15, 2015.

1. Skittles

Skittles New Member

If you lose seniority when you transfer, does that mean you're stuck in the same hub until you're done with ups. I'm in a little hub what if it closes down and I'm back to being a nobody, but a guy that can say I worked at a ups for however long.
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

If it closes, you can follow your work, and maintain all seniority
  3. Skittles

Skittles New Member

Then I have to move and take my wife and kids and my kids won't want to leave there friends. This is gonna be a hard decision. I'm a 19 year old thinking ahead using ups logic.
  4. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

...and be a nobody in a new center.
  5. WESLA

WESLA It is what it is

But still you are only 19. That's a good age to invest your time in such a good company. No brainer is follow the work and keep my seniority.
  6. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Well, if you're 19 years old and have a wife and kids, I wouldn't worry a lot about your kids missing their friends. At the age your kids have to be, they probably forgot where they put their big wheel last night. Any wife worth their weight in salt would follow you to wherever you think you need to go to make a better life for the whole family. Put on your big boy pants and make a decision .
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'm all for planning ahead but you're 19
  8. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

You will always be a nobody at UPS
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Should have planned ahead before having kids at 19.

Sorry had to.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Zing.
  11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

FFS. What if, what if, what if. What if a frog's butt didn't hit the ground when he jumped.
  12. No UPS hub is closing right now. Way too much work to go around.
    Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to make ends meet. I moved 1800 miles from home for work and school. Does it suck being so far from home? Yep. But sometimes you have to take a leap and figure out whatever comes next when it happens.
  13. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

here's a tip, DON'T GET MARRIED @ 19

14. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Here's a bigger tip, go back to school, forget about this place and make something of yourself.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List