Transferring from NY to TX - is school the only way?

I want to know about transferring to another state and is going to school the only way? I've been with UPS for 7 going on 8 this June and id like to move from NYC to Austin Tx. I do not have a desire to go back to school or getting a degree but if it's the only way to go where I want to then I guess I have to then. But now with that would UPS still reimburse me for going to school and if I pass?

Overpaid Union Thug

I want to know about transferring to another state and is going to school the only way? I've been with UPS for 7 going on 8 this June and id like to move from NYC to Austin Tx. I do not have a desire to go back to school or getting a degree but if it's the only way to go where I want to then I guess I have to then. But now with that would UPS still reimburse me for going to school and if I pass?
Education Transfer.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
An educational transfer out of local 804 is like a unicorn....I've heard lots of stories...but I've never ever seen one for real, or know of anyone that has.

I never heard of anyone going out but coming in I know a couple of people. Do you know the proper procedures to getting this done so hopefully I can be the first to get out of 804 without being fired lol?
An educational transfer out of local 804 is like a unicorn....I've heard lots of stories...but I've never ever seen one for real, or know of anyone that has.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I never heard of anyone going out but coming in I know a couple of people. Do you know the proper procedures to getting this done so hopefully I can be the first to get out of 804 without being fired lol?
No...it can't be done without starting over as far as I know. We can transfer within the local.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I'll ask again:

Are you FT or PT?
Are you presently in school?

(Oops. Beat me to it.)