Transferring HUBs if accepted to a university

TcoffinLaguna

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

I've been a UPSer for 6 years as an International Auditor in ODC and just passed my road test recently but have not taken the class or done the DOT physical yet. I am also a SGT in the Army Reserves. I was deployed in 2014 and now have benefits like the post 9/11 GI bill which will help me stay afloat while working part time and attending school.

If I got accepted to UNLV ( I work at Laguna hub in So.Cal ) how would I go about getting a transfer to a hub out in Vegas? Should I hold off on applying until I request a transfer and it gets accepted?

My question may be a little off track in terms of first steps but hoping you guys can provide a little guidance

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

I've been a UPSer for 6 years as an International Auditor in ODC and just passed my road test recently but have not taken the class or done the DOT physical yet. I am also a SGT in the Army Reserves. I was deployed in 2014 and now have benefits like the post 9/11 GI bill which will help me stay afloat while working part time and attending school.

If I got accepted to UNLV ( I work at Laguna hub in So.Cal ) how would I go about getting a transfer to a hub out in Vegas? Should I hold off on applying until I request a transfer and it gets accepted?

My question may be a little off track in terms of first steps but hoping you guys can provide a little guidance
Your local HR would be the best first step to take. They would know what paper work you would need to file for an educational transfer. Good luck

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Compare the OP, a guy who's working to get ahead and a class act, with all the Bernie Sanders scum demanding free everything.

PastorBoB

as a part time sup i was able to "easily" transfer under the educational transfer. Another person at my facility did the same thing without ever stepping into a class room.
main things you need are a letter of acceptance, schedule of registered classes, and that its not online classes only. oh and a letter of intent but thats prob not very important. the other guy at my facility dropped out as soon as he his transfer was accepted. never paid any tuition.
4/5 times facilites accept the transfer request.
might be harder for a union employee though, i have seen it done though for spousal transfer.
i would go beyond your local HR if they dont give you a proper response. i did and it was approved way faster.