Transferring out of district full time?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What if I flat out resigned here, then got rehired down there? Possible?

Possible. We had a driver that wanted to do the same thing. Then, he got fired, cut some kind of deal with management and was re-hired in Florida.

Probable? No. You should research the buildings in the area you want to move to. If they need help badly, it could work.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just out of curiosity if you quit to transfer and get rehired are you outside or inside in regards to 6-1 ratio?

rod

Retired 22 years

That's a real risky move. It could work but I would be leary of trying it. What's to keep the people in Florida from thinking---"gee this guy just ups and quits anytime things aren't going his way-- we don't want to hire him". If it did work out you would be low man on the totempole in Florida and if you've been at UPS for 25 years you know what that means.

That's a real risky move. It could work but I would be leary of trying it. What's to keep the people in Florida from thinking---"gee this guy just ups and quits anytime things aren't going his way-- we don't want to hire him". If it did work out you would be low man on the totempole in Florida and if you've been at UPS for 25 years you know what that means.

I'd probably talk to the hub down there before Id risk it just to get an idea of my chances. I'd be fine running X man again...hell I'd settle for PT

anonymousupsman

I'd probably talk to the hub down there before Id risk it just to get an idea of my chances. I'd be fine running X man again...hell I'd settle for PT

That's about your best option. I've been talking to my union appear about doing the same thing you want to do. He's working with UPS HR right now to see if I can get rehired at the location I want to transfer to. But your best bet is to quit your job and hope to get rehired in the same position where you are going, but nothing is guaranteed.

That's about your best option. I've been talking to my union appear about doing the same thing you want to do. He's working with UPS HR right now to see if I can get rehired at the location I want to transfer to. But your best bet is to quit your job and hope to get rehired in the same position where you are going, but nothing is guaranteed.

Awesome. I thought about calling the union but I was thinking they would put zero effort into it. Gonna try anything at this point

anonymousupsman

Awesome. I thought about calling the union but I was thinking they would put zero effort into it. Gonna try anything at this point

Have a good phone call, or a sit down with your business agent before you go to the company. Tell him exactly what you want, and ask if there's any way he can help. They know a lot more people in HR than most, so they may be able to find you a connection. Hopefully HR and the union could try to work out a deal for you. You never know.

They are trying to work out a deal for me right now, seeing what open feeder positions are going to be in Texas for me.

Have a good phone call, or a sit down with your business agent before you go to the company. Tell him exactly what you want, and ask if there's any way he can help. They know a lot more people in HR than most, so they may be able to find you a connection. Hopefully HR and the union could try to work out a deal for you. You never know.

They are trying to work out a deal for me right now, seeing what open feeder positions are going to be in Texas for me.

Good advice, means the worlds to me. Thanks a bunch. Lmk how it goes!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're gonna want to beg your center manager and he to get ahold of the center manager and hr where you're going to.

That's your 1 chance. Work out a deal where you "quit" in missouri on a Friday and start in floridia the next Monday.