transferring states

how does transferring states work?

• Total voters

iron22man

Hi ive been working for ups about 2yrs now and I live in California but I want to transfer to Washington state I'm a package handler now so I was wondering how much do they make out there? Where is the hub out there? How long is the wait to be a driver out there? And is it cheaper/more affordable to live out there than California?

watdaflock?

The downfall of working for a Union company is wanting to transfer and not lose all of your invested time.
Only way I've heard of getting around this nonsense is transferring for education purposes.

platinum9898

If you want to transfer in all honesty don't worry about all that. Just go asap because you will be starting all over so the longer you wait the more prolonged your goals will be met. Just go!

rod

Retired 22 years
Only educational transfers are allowed. Why do people still believe they can just move all over the country and dovetail into some ones seniority list any time they want? If you are doing an educational transfer make sure you know all the hoops you have to jump through before you go wandering off into the sun-set.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Congratulations, we have a winner!

200.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Only educational transfers are allowed. Why do people still believe they can just move all over the country and dovetail into some ones seniority list any time they want? If you are doing an educational transfer make sure you know all the hoops you have to jump through before you go wandering off into the sun-set.
Western supplement has different rules for transfers. Not to mention certain locals do. Educational is not the only way it's simply the easiest way.

sppollock

I am not a package employee but I can answer some of your basic questions. Yes, Washington state is cheaper to live in then California. There are at least 10 terminals in my UPS Freight area, so if you want to live south of Seattle you have, Tukwilla, Pacific, two separate Tacoma terminals, Olympia, Elma, Bremerton, Chehalis and Port Angeles. There are several more in Seattle proper that I don't know about all about these are just the ones I have been to.

I don't know anything about your rules for transfer so I won't even try to answer that. Good Luck

iron22man

My bad I ment up there and I know I would lose my seniority but I have always wanted to be in Washington so that's y I was asking those questions so I know what I'm getting into yeah know

By The Book

Its OK it happens
I have family in Washington. If you want to transfer, I would do it sooner than later. Your right, you will move to the bottom of your classifications seniority list. You keep your fringe benefits though. The longer you wait it just means another new part timer ahead of you for job bidding to full time,vacation selection, layoffs,etc. I think you need to fill out a transfer request form. There may be a limit of 2 part time and 2 full time transfers allowed.

iron22man

I just need to know that if I'm able to transfer where the huds are located and how much I'll be starting off at so I can look for a place to stay out there