transferring states

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by iron22man, Feb 15, 2015.

?

how does transferring states work?

1. advice

100.0%
  2. help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. iron22man

iron22man New Member

Hi ive been working for ups about 2yrs now and I live in California but I want to transfer to Washington state I'm a package handler now so I was wondering how much do they make out there? Where is the hub out there? How long is the wait to be a driver out there? And is it cheaper/more affordable to live out there than California?

2. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

The downfall of working for a Union company is wanting to transfer and not lose all of your invested time.
    Only way I've heard of getting around this nonsense is transferring for education purposes.

3. platinum9898

platinum9898 Active Member

You did not answer his question, read it more carefully next time smh.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  4. platinum9898

platinum9898 Active Member

If you want to transfer in all honesty don't worry about all that. Just go asap because you will be starting all over so the longer you wait the more prolonged your goals will be met. Just go!

5. iron22man

iron22man New Member

I only ask all that bec I'll need to look where to live and I'll need to know if I'll even be able to live out there

6. rod

rod retired and happy

Only educational transfers are allowed. Why do people still believe they can just move all over the country and dovetail into some ones seniority list any time they want? If you are doing an educational transfer make sure you know all the hoops you have to jump through before you go wandering off into the sun-set.

7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Congratulations, we have a winner!

[​IMG]

8. Man Of Brown

Man Of Brown Active Member

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Western supplement has different rules for transfers. Not to mention certain locals do. Educational is not the only way it's simply the easiest way.

10. sppollock

sppollock Member

I am not a package employee but I can answer some of your basic questions. Yes, Washington state is cheaper to live in then California. There are at least 10 terminals in my UPS Freight area, so if you want to live south of Seattle you have, Tukwilla, Pacific, two separate Tacoma terminals, Olympia, Elma, Bremerton, Chehalis and Port Angeles. There are several more in Seattle proper that I don't know about all about these are just the ones I have been to.

I don't know anything about your rules for transfer so I won't even try to answer that. Good Luck

11. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

You crack me up! If you work in Cali now how is Washington state out there, as you put it.

12. iron22man

iron22man New Member

My bad I ment up there and I know I would lose my seniority but I have always wanted to be in Washington so that's y I was asking those questions so I know what I'm getting into yeah know

13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If you live in California then Washington State would be up there, not out there.

14. iron22man

iron22man New Member

That's y I said my bad I ment up there but none the less u all know what I ment

15. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

My bad. Didn't see By the Books comment.

16. iron22man

iron22man New Member

Its OK it happens

17. By The Book

I have family in Washington. If you want to transfer, I would do it sooner than later. Your right, you will move to the bottom of your classifications seniority list. You keep your fringe benefits though. The longer you wait it just means another new part timer ahead of you for job bidding to full time,vacation selection, layoffs,etc. I think you need to fill out a transfer request form. There may be a limit of 2 part time and 2 full time transfers allowed.

18. iron22man

iron22man New Member

I just need to know that if I'm able to transfer where the huds are located and how much I'll be starting off at so I can look for a place to stay out there

19. By The Book

Your pay should be the same. You have p.t. Seniority.

20. iron22man

iron22man New Member

Well if I transfer I'll lose my seniority