transferring states

how does transferring states work?

• Total voters

By The Book

Well if I transfer I'll lose my seniority
Everyone who transfers does,(Building seniority).Since you don't have that much now, and knowing your risking other part timers being hired before you will get first crack at a driving job, why wait. This is if your serious of course.

rod

Retired 22 years
Western supplement has different rules for transfers. Not to mention certain locals do. Educational is not the only way it's simply the easiest way.

I should have known better than to make a one size fits all generalization about how UPS operates. I have never heard of transferring between centers other than an educational transfer or if you were following your route if it was assigned to another center. I was always under the assumption that you had to quit at one to get hired at a different one with loss of all building seniority. Maybe you can transfer around the western conference itself but you can't go from western to any other conference.

iron22man

And I am gonna go for it I was just wondering if there was someone from a Washington hub that could tell me a Lil info because hr doesn't really tell u much just if u can transfer or not

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I should have known better than to make a one size fits all generalization about how UPS operates. I have never heard of transferring between centers other than an educational transfer or if you were following your route if it was assigned to another center. I was always under the assumption that you had to quit at one to get hired at a different one with loss of all building seniority. Maybe you can transfer around the western conference itself but you can't go from western to any other conference.
No but in some locals there are ways to transfer within the local to another building. Keep all seniority and dovetail into the list.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Just search on google maps for ups customer counter. It will give you all the ups hub locations

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
There's countless centers and hubs. If you want to live in the Seattle area, you have Tukwilla, SeaTac, Port Angeles, North Bend...so many more. South is Olympia and Vancouver. Central you have Yakima, Wenatchee, and East you have Spokane, Tri Cites, Pullman, and others. Lots of choices. If you want to be in southern Washington I suggest the Portland hub. It's huge, always hiring, and the driving list is pretty short...I still have plenty of friends over there and last I heard the list was at about 5 years. Portland kicks all kinds of ass but you have to pay Oregon state income tax which blows if you live in Washington. Eastern washington your best bet is in Spokane, but the driving list is long...8-10 years. Seattle, Redmond is the Hub but I don't think it's that big...Starting pay is roughly the same. If you transfer then you'll keep your progression pay rate. If you quit and come back you'll start at $10. Good luck!

rod

Retired 22 years
No but in some locals there are ways to transfer within the local to another building. Keep all seniority and dovetail into the list.

I'm sure glad that option wasn't available here. Three fourths of all the Minneapolis centers would have wanted to transfer up north to the lakes country where I was being it was all the same local.

Upspouse

I too would like to know odds of my husband transferring & keeping his full time status (which took 11 years to get)... He is currently a pkg car driver & has gotten his permit & physical to train for feeder driver. We would like to move back to Atlanta area ... Any advice or thoughts ?

rod

Retired 22 years
I too would like to know odds of my husband transferring & keeping his full time status (which took 11 years to get)... He is currently a pkg car driver & has gotten his permit & physical to train for feeder driver. We would like to move back to Atlanta area ... Any advice or thoughts ?

What's plan B?

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm guessing that u mean it isn't possible ?

That's what I would believe BUT I have been proved wrong before. I'm sure if some big wig in Atlanta cleared the way for his second cousins kid to transfer there from the middle of no where it could happen ---if the right people were called into his office and TOLD to make it happen.

Upspouse

Ha ! Well we are nobody's cuz so .... I see they have an opening for a feeder driver.... Not sure if they are trying to hire off street or what bc it says one yr experience ??? He is ready to be trained but process has been slowed down here