Transferring

upstmh7

upstmh7
My partner is a store manager for Starbucks and is on her way to becoming a district manager. This probably won't happen for a couple, maybe 3 years and maybe even longer. Possibly never, but I'm trying to think ahead, so if that time comes, I'll know exactly what to do.

I have heard so many conflicting statements about transferring to a different hub. (i.e.) "you have to be in school"; you can transfer only within your district or region"; you can only transfer if your management"; "you can transfer, keep your seniority, your benefits and same pay". I'm confused to say the least and even management and HR give me conflicting info.

Does anyone know what the EXACT requirements/stipulations are?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Does anyone know what the EXACT requirements/stipulations are?

I'm no longer a UPS'er but this thread comes up every now and then. Unfortunately, the only 'concrete' reason for a transfer is for school, which is spelled out in the National Master. One of the stewards here can give you chapter / verse. HOWEVER, it seems that there are internal policies on transferring to follow a spouse's work. So, yes, you're going to have to get to the bottom of it with an HR poster here OR at your center / hub. I remember seeing HR employees posting in here but as I've been gone for sometime, I don't know if they're still around. Hope this helps. -Rocky