Transfers?

jerseyupser

Yeah that's true. And I don't see why they wouldn't transfer you. I know for a fact as long as it's the same local you can transfer anywhere in the local. Only thing I'm unsure about is transferring out to a different local.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
I am glad there are no FT transfers in my area. It would completely blow away FT opportunities for PT people in smaller buildings. It happened with the feeder bid where a lower seniority guy held a feeder job, a guy from a hub building signed the annual bid for that job, lower guy that held it bumped back into package and I waited another year to sign a FT bid.

annie345

I do not know how much truth is behind this. From what I have heard from a co-worker you are able to transfer from ex: California to North Carolina BUT you have to be going to college. Like I said I do not know the truth behind that and would like to know if someone could verify that.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I see it done all the time.. Its in the contract. If you are registered for school in another state you may transfer.. Go to your steward or sup and ask to get a transfer form... Or call the 1800 hr helpline and they can help.

annie345

I see it done all the time.. Its in the contract. If you are registered for school in another state you may transfer.. Go to your steward or sup and ask to get a transfer form... Or call the 1800 hr helpline and they can help.
You have to have at least one year seniority and your center mgr. Has to sign off on it.. You also loose all seniority except for the purpose of vacations, pay, etc... HR does the process

Overpaid Union Thug

My advice for potential transfers on this board has always been to go straight to the supervisor of HR. Anyone else will likely be an obstacle in the process whether they want to help or not.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
For PTers, the contract permits NATIONAL transfers for education purposes only. It's at UPS's discretion, and UPSers outlines the procedure: you must be able to demonstrate your educational goal, and if your transfer is been approved, you must follow through with them for minimum of 18 months, otherwise you agree to "voluntarily" quit.

Select supplement/riders allow LOCAL and/or REGIONAL transfers. Review your specific agreements for details.

jerseyupser

For PTers, the contract permits NATIONAL transfers for education purposes only. It's at UPS's discretion, and UPSers outlines the procedure: you must be able to demonstrate your educational goal, and if your transfer is been approved, you must follow through with them for minimum of 18 months, otherwise you agree to "voluntarily" quit.

Select supplement/riders allow LOCAL and/or REGIONAL transfers. Review your specific agreements for details.
Where would I look for the details?

Sent using BrownCafe App

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I think only in the western conference are you allowed to transfer. Like Utah to California. Out here all we have to do is put our name on the transfer sheet and wait for the phone call. But we are only allowed to transfer within the 11 western states. So from California to north Carolina is not allowed. Ive heard from the union that the western conference is the only place you can transfer without having some kind of hardship. So I think where your at, now that your full time your wife will have to be going to school full time in another state for you to transfer.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think only in the western conference are you allowed to transfer. Like Utah to California. Out here all we have to do is put our name on the transfer sheet and wait for the phone call. But we are only allowed to transfer within the 11 western states. So from California to north Carolina is not allowed. Ive heard from the union that the western conference is the only place you can transfer without having some kind of hardship. So I think where your at, now that your full time your wife will have to be going to school full time in another state for you to transfer.
This should be allowed in each region/supplement. Nationally would be a little complicated but totally doable.

Sent using BrownCafe App