Transforming Smalls

Integrity

Binge Poster
I thought smalls were considered any package 8x8x8?

MonavieLeaker,
You can find a huge amount of information on smalls on upsers.com. Smalls are not 8x8x8 they are 16x16x7 packages weighing 8 pounds or less.
Please go to upsers.com and check it out for the proper information on smalls. Just type smalls as your search.
Let me know what you think when you find out how Corporate UPS really wants smalls handled, compared with what you see from the management of smalls in your facility.
Sincerely,
I

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i

again, you post as one that attempts to show great knowledge, but yet you still dont have a clue.

The fact that there are so many great examples of proper treatment of smalls cannot allow the truth to be denied. The truth is that there is chronic and widespread mistreatment of smalls packages in UPS facilities.
Really? The undeniable truth is that there is chronic and widespread mistreatment of smalls?

So what ups manual did you read that in? Where is your data, your proof? The last data I saw showed that ups did not damage smalls any worse than any other size package.

The first requirement of proper smalls handling is that smalls are never to be allowed to progress in the UPS conveyor system unless they are bagged.

OK, so why is it that if you send down a bag full of letters (or a tote), they dump them out on the belt so everyone can pick off their letters? After all, you let them come down the belt in a bag or tote with 100 letters in it, no one will pick off what is theirs?

See, you make blanket statements about situations that you dont have a clue about. There are areas that have to let the smalls go down the conveyor. But you would know this if you had a clue.

In a small facility hundreds and hundreds of smalls can be seen traveling loose on the conveyors every day. In some larger facilities it probably is in the thousands.
And you know this how? I love your use of probably, it again shows your total lack of integrity, by making statements that you want to pass off as a statement, when in fact, you dont know, and are fishing.

Have you ever been to Louisville? Have you ever seen the letter sort there? I can see all the sorters running around with a letter trying to find the right destination bag for it to be placed into.
Again I am amused at the posts you continue to make trying to pass off statements as common knowledge about ups that are not at all true.

What is also somewhat interesting is the people that will respond to your negative postings to support your biased view.

I guess misery enjoys company.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You can find a huge amount of information on smalls on upsers.com. Smalls are not 8x8x8 they are 16x16x7 packages weighing 8 pounds or less.
Please go to upsers.com and check it out for the proper information on smalls

PST, I, a 16X16X7 package will be the only one in the tote.

But at least now it seems we know where you get all your UPS experience from, your daddy gave you the keys to UPSERS.com.

So now that makes you the resident expert of all things UPS?

Wow, no wonder this company is in serious trouble. Cant tell reality from fantasy.

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
Re: Transforming Smalls
Originally Posted by freecarry88
I, Are loose smalls placed on the conveyor in your facility? freecarry,
Yes.
Sincerely, I

I, How have you addressed this in your facility?

freecarry88,
Just so you understand. I know a "mild-mannered UPS worker" who reports directly to me about integrity issues in UPS. Kind of the way Clark Kent knew Superman or Peter Parker knew Spiderman. Do you get it? Some individuals posting here don't.

This discussion thread is my first step in addressing this issue at "his" facility and any other facility that this may be a chronic problem. I have not yet decided how I will proceed but, you can be certain that I will. When I do I will post it.

Sincerely,
I

freecarry88

freecarry88,
Just so you understand. I know a "mild-mannered UPS worker" who reports directly to me about integrity issues in UPS. Kind of the way Clark Kent knew Superman or Peter Parker knew Spiderman. Do you get it? Some individuals posting here don't.
This discussion thread is my first step in addressing this issue at "his" facility and any other facility that this may be a chronic problem. I have not yet decided how I will proceed but, you can be certain that I will. When I do I will post it.
Sincerely,
I

Uh, no I don't think I get it. First, how would loose smalls on a belt be an integrity issue? Second, I do not recall either of these fictional characters having a forum. Third, you will need to define "chronic problem." IE...if ONE small gets on a conveyor in 99% of the facilities in the U.S., do you consider that chronic? Fourth, do you work alone or do you have like a "Hall of Naivety" where you consult friend, H, & C? Last and most importantly, ARE YOU SAYING THAT SUPERMAN AND SPIDERMAN ARE DEAD? YOU SPEAKING OF CLARK KENT AND PETER PARKER IN THE PAST TENSE? Sincerely, friend

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Originally Posted by freecarry88
I, Are loose smalls placed on the conveyor in your facility?

freecarry,
Yes.
Sincerely,
I
I, Ever heard of taking care of business at your place before "fixing" things everywhere else for every one else?
freecarry88,

Sincerely,
I

Actually, I, we do get it. Split personalities, the mild mannered chicken who wants to be something he isnt, and the fictional character who is everything to everybody, with super powers that exist for no one else, wanting everyone to conform to his way of thought, even though his way leads no where. Jim Jones comes to mind. Also, the same personality that urges followers to conform to your brand of integrity, while not conforming to your own standards.

So basically, a fictional character, who in real life would be considered a fraud.

So yes, we get it. We get it very well. Its you and your mild mannered "UPS worker". (why the quotations? that is usually used for things that are not really what a person is trying to say)

So the next time he comes in for a report of all the evils at UPS, the two of you might want to see a shrink.

Sincerely

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
freecarry88,
Sincerely,
I
Uh, no I don't think I get it. First, how would loose smalls on a belt be an integrity issue? Second, I do not recall either of these fictional characters having a forum. Third, you will need to define "chronic problem." IE...if ONE small gets on a conveyor in 99% of the facilities in the U.S., do you consider that chronic? Fourth, do you work alone or do you have like a "Hall of Naivety" where you consult friend, H, & C? Last and most importantly, ARE YOU SAYING THAT SUPERMAN AND SPIDERMAN ARE DEAD? YOU SPEAKING OF CLARK KENT AND PETER PARKER IN THE PAST TENSE? Sincerely, friend
freecarry88,
A management person that runs their area to encourage or allow the improper handling of smalls lacks package handling integrity in their operation.

A package handler who intentionally mishandles smalls, for whatever reason, also lacks package handling integrity.

1 small on a belt in 99% of the facilities. No, I don't view this as chronic. I would view this as mission accomplished!

I would view any operation that "cuts" smalls early and then dumps the bags or sorts the smalls in the main sort on a regular basis chronic.

I would also view any facility that during the sort, one can see smalls traveling over the conveyor system regularly and habitually. This is a daily occurence in many facilities.

How does your facilty and sort do?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I, Ever heard of taking care of business at your place before "fixing" things everywhere else for every one else?

dannyboy,
This discussion thread is my first step in addressing the problem of the mishandling of smalls where ever it exists in UPS. I cannot promise that it will be corrected, but I can promise it will be addressed.
Sincerely,
I

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The small police came thru last night .Seven suits to check on hadling of smalls. If we were the goverment I'd say it was a waste of tax payer's money.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The small police came thru last night .Seven suits to check on hadling of smalls. If we were the goverment I'd say it was a waste of tax payer's money.

PT Stewie,
What was the results?
Did they learn anything about how your facility handles smalls?
Sincerely,
I

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I, or should I call you 3M? Mild Mannered Medusa (MMM ie 3M), you dont get it, do you.

Smalls as most people sort them out are packages you can grab and carry with 1 hand. Not on any upsers.com site, but what most drivers end up doing. And the sort and load people as well.

No real reason to spend the time bagging only two packages into one of those forever bags, as it takes longer to bag those two than it would to sort them.

As for processing everything larger than the 16x16 or what ever you quoted, the sorts would never go down with those restrictions.

As a practical matter, smalls are sorted out to the belts via totes, and then dumped on the belt as the loaders can handle the volume.

Now, onto another matter, me thinks that a certain bipolar individual needs to get a life.

d

SoyFish

Had to deal with a ton of smalls today...I'd gladly take 60 pound bags full of smalls over having to load 10 of them before the belt even moves an inch lol

Integrity

Binge Poster
I, or should I call you 3M? Mild Mannered Medusa (MMM ie 3M), you dont get it, do you.

Smalls as most people sort them out are packages you can grab and carry with 1 hand. Not on any upsers.com site, but what most drivers end up doing. And the sort and load people as well.

No real reason to spend the time bagging only two packages into one of those forever bags, as it takes longer to bag those two than it would to sort them.

As for processing everything larger than the 16x16 or what ever you quoted, the sorts would never go down with those restrictions.

As a practical matter, smalls are sorted out to the belts via totes, and then dumped on the belt as the loaders can handle the volume.

Now, onto another matter, me thinks that a certain bipolar individual needs to get a life.

d

dannyboy,

According to UPS Standards a small is any package that is 16x16x7 or smaller and weighs 8lbs or less.

Are you in disagreement with the Corporate UPS Executives standards and expectations as to how smalls are to be handled by all UPS employees?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Had to deal with a ton of smalls today...I'd gladly take 60 pound bags full of smalls over having to load 10 of them before the belt even moves an inch lol

SoyFish,
Why do you think this happened?
Is this a common occurrence in your facility?
Sincerely,
I

freecarry88

A management person that runs their area to encourage or allow the improper handling of smalls lacks package handling integrity in their operation.
EVERY operation allows the improper handling of some smalls.
A package handler who intentionally mishandles smalls, for whatever reason, also lacks package handling integrity.
Why is this only applicable to smalls?
I would also view any facility that during the sort, one can see smalls traveling over the conveyor system regularly and habitually. This is a daily occurence in many facilities. How does your facilty and sort do?
Then how do you propose the smalls to get to the people who have to put them on the package cars? Should they wish them on the car? But, to answer your question, IMO, my facility handles smalls fine, but to you....who knows...I don't think you really know what you are talking about..

CharleyHustle

We had some people in our community who just couldn't keep up with their trash. Old boats, cars, baby cribs and toys, toilets, shower stalls, tractors, trailers and plain garbage laying arpund the yard. After numerous urgings and warnings and askings from neighbors and the local goverment, they finally, by way of zoning ordanances, got fined and then their "stuff" got confiscated and they got a bill for the cost of hauling it away.

Now, they drive around the community and take pictures of anyone who might be in violation of any zoning law, and report it to the local goverment and demand they get fined.

Integrity

Binge Poster
freecarry88,
EVERY operation allows the improper handling of some smalls.

Does this make it right?

Why is this only applicable to smalls?
This applies to all packages however, this discussion thread is intended to specifically focus on smalls.

Then how do you propose the smalls to get to the people who have to put them on the package cars? Should they wish them on the car?

I propose that they go to the preloaders containerized.

But, to answer your question, IMO, my facility handles smalls fine, but to you....who knows...I don't think you really know what you are talking about..

You stated that EVERY facility improperly handles some smalls. Are you telling me that in your opinion it is fine to knowingly improperly handle smalls?

Have you read the UPS information on the importance of properly handling smalls?

Do you know and support the UPS Corporate Standards for handling smalls?

Opinion is irrelevant to whether a facility is doing it's part in regards to small handling.

Sincerely,
I

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
the Corporate UPS Executives standards and expectations

No, what I am saying, and you can quote me on this, I (you) and the corporate UPS executives have a lot in common.

They dont have a clue as to what transpires in the actual operations, what it takes to get the job done, and both have their heads in the clouds, where the oxygen levels are not satisfactory to promote healthy brain function.

And both, while claiming integrity, have yet to show much of it.

Thats what I am saying.

BTW, have you ever had an original thought, without passing it through the ups morals and conduct manuals first?:wink2:

What is the proper ups way to wipe, top to bottom or bottom up? Hurry, look it up, i will wait.:devil3:

d

Shryp

I don't actually work in small sort, but I know night sort in our building puts spa labels on stuff in the bags for our preload bags going to the centers.
As for the scanners back there I have no idea, they started doing the spa labels a couple years ago when the small ink scanners came out.
We have 4 centers in our building. Well, 2 of them are kind of merged I think.

Middleburg Heights, OH 4429