Transition Style Lenses?

rod

Retired 22 years
As far as I have heard transition lenses take too long to change. By the time they turn from dark to light you are already back outside.

13zipcodes

I had transitions. They worked well for me, took about 30 seconds to change in a drastic lighting difference. I was also thinking about the drivewear lenses but ended up getting lasik instead (best thing I've ever done for myself btw).

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I been wearing them for years .
There is a time lapse involved for changing .
Personally I never need instant satisfaction so it ok .
The only problem is the frames my plan allows for small frames , while I like to wear large lens . The small frames tend to limit my field of vision .

jaker

trolling
I thought transition didn't work in the truck because the window has UV blocked so they don't work while driving

I know the pair I had that's what was happening

MassWineGuy

I thought transition didn't work in the truck because the window has UV blocked so they don't work while driving

I know the pair I had that's what was happening

That's a very good point. Maybe I'll look into prescription sunglasses. I wear progressive lenses, so they'd be a bit.

Z

ZQXC

They make a version call Active X they will begin to darken even in the truck and the transition time is quicker. Been using them about 6 years now and no more headaches in the mid-afternoon
( caused from glare ). Prescription sunglasses would not be an good option for me because of the cost.

Z

ZQXC

What do you eyeglass-wearing folks use and like or dislike?

Had some super lightweight glasses that had no hinges on the frames. The temples were connected directly to the lens; and that was the problem, the lenses would develop stress cracks starting at that connection point. Most comfortable glasses I ever wore; you would forget you even had them on. If they ever correct that cracking problem, I will go back to them.

guyinthebrownbox

I have transitions and I'm not a fan of them either. Like a few stated above, they don't transition fast enough. Mine also don't get nearly dark enough out in direct sunlight.

If I'm driving, I just stick with contacts and a solid pair of sunglasses. I keep my glasses with me as a back up though just in case

Sent from a Glade plug-in

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I had them and absolutely hated them. If you sit by a window on a sunny day they start to change. I find it easier just to wear contacts and a good pair of sunglasses

brown bomber

brown bomber
for the first 25 yrs., no sunglasses or transition lenses. Just started wearing transitions over the past a few years. The net result was cataract surgery earlier this year. My eye surgeon indicated that my eyes were damaged due to excessive reflected sunlight. The UV "protection" in a UPS package car is not sufficient to protect your eyes

Future

Victory Ride
monkey-with-funny-glasses.jpg
I been wearing them for years .
There is a time lapse involved for changing .
Personally I never need instant satisfaction so it ok .
The only problem is the frames my plan allows for small frames , while I like to wear large lens . The small frames tend to limit my field of vision .
Me also, large frames is the way to go...

MassWineGuy

Hmm. Maybe a pair of prescription sunglasses, then. I have read about some more advanced transition type lenses that do get very dark. Contacts are out because my reflexes prevent anything from getting closer than 25 light years to my eyes.