Transporting Marijuana

Sparky

Plausible deniability, I don't know what's in the box I don't want to know what's in the box, for all I know you could be shipping paperwork or a big old box of roosters, my job is to move the box from my truck to the customers hands

oldngray

nowhere special
Plausible deniability, I don't know what's in the box I don't want to know what's in the box, for all I know you could be shipping paperwork or a big old box of roosters, my job is to move the box from my truck to the customers hands

The Sgt. Schultz defense has already failed both UPS and FedEx when they tried it.

dex 84

When interstate alcohol shipments were illegal in my state, we could not deliver shipments of alcohol whatsoever, but Ground could and did deliver intrastate alcohol shipments.

I wouldn't knowingly accept Marijuana at a pup stop or deliver it but if I don't know what's in the box then I don't know what's in the box. Bottom line is it's in violation of federal law and even if it's not being actively enforced it could still be applied at any time to any person.

The time will come where we don't have to worry about any of this anymore, but with the laws the way they are today it's just not worth it to expose yourself to that liability, not for Fedex or a Fedex customer anyways.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If FDX just decided to ban all tobacco shipments and you know you're hauling weed, I'd say you're well within you right to refuse to pick it up and del. it. Tell everyone that it's such a high value item that you are more susceptible to being robbed once people figure out you have it in your van.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
On that note I deliver in a not so upscale area and at least once a month somebody and me to deliver packages for them out of my truck.
wut.jpg

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Standard procedure at Ground to open anything that might contain drugs. How else are you going to find free drugs?
When will you guys get off our collective backs?
Do you think we don't have to explain Express behaviors as well? Why did Express slap a door tag on our back door at Toys R Us at 6:30am?
Well receiver girl.. I don't know.. maybe it was P1 and payroll, in which case the world except for the sender knows you don't open until 10, but opening at 9 in about 2 weeks, and the driver was WAD.
Think we don't cover your asses too?

Last edited:

overflowed

Do you think we don't have to explain Express behaviors as well? Why did Express slap a door tag on our back door at Toys R Us at 6:30am?
Well receiver girl.. I don't know.. maybe it was P1 and payroll, in which case the world except for the sender knows you don't open until 10, but opening at 9 in about 2 weeks, and the driver was WAD.
Don't talk to you boss "co worker like that."

bbsam

Staff member
Relax 82. IWBF was being facetious. He's Ground too. In fact, WAGN.

It will be fine

I was kidding, but seriously if a dispensary is actually shipping weed or other THC products there's no way it would make it through the system. While drivers don't smoke too much weed, the handlers are blazing in their cars before coming in to the sort. As soon as word gets around those packages will be opened and pilfered by the college kids loading and unloading the trailers.

dex 84

Drugs, they want me to deliver drugs for them while I'm in my route, for extra money. Not worth the risk even if the cops don't catch me if some hood gabgbanger decides its my time to die, not much I can do at that point.

Is it worth the risk to ride around with Pharmedium shipments in the truck? I bet if word got out to the right (wrong) people about what was in those boxes, the drivers on some routes would be in significant danger.

Don't forget about the drugs we deliver legally. Plenty of street value on board already without introducing anything else.

dex 84

Eh pharms are always p1 so they never sit in my truck, even when we straight line they want all meds off by 1030

I've seen plenty of p2 pharmaceuticals. Usually I try to get them off my truck as soon as I can. Not really because I'm worried about getting turned over but just because people need that :censored2: a lot more than they need half the other :censored2: we deliver. In a scenario where a lot of freight is being rolled they're one of the four p's that has to get done. Priority, Payroll, Pills, and Perishables. Not necessarily in that order.

It will be fine

I've seen plenty of p2 pharmaceuticals. Usually I try to get them off my truck as soon as I can. Not really because I'm worried about getting turned over but just because people need that :censored2: a lot more than they need half the other :censored2: we deliver. In a scenario where a lot of freight is being rolled they're one of the four p's that has to get done. Priority, Payroll, Pills, and Perishables. Not necessarily in that order.
Now you need to add a fifth, Pot.

Purple no more

You would be surprised at how much drugs move through the FedEx system. As an Ops, I personally found probably 25 to 30 pounds of pot, God knows how many pills, coke, whatever. Local law enforcement would work the belt and would take hundreds of thousands of dollars in drug money. FedEx is the biggest distributer of drugs in the US, if not the world.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't recall the last time they ran the drug dogs through our building.

I'm not sure how it works for you guys but over here if they know the pkg contains drugs they will work with the local authorities to set up a sting. The driver will deliver it, making sure to get a signature, and then the cops, who would have set this up beforehand, will quickly follow and make the arrest(s).