Trash

How do you empty your trash bin

• Total voters

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I empty my wastebasket every night when I refuel. There are large garbage cans for this purpose located right next to the fuel pumps. I cannot stand to have any garbage or clutter in the cab, especially in the summer when I leave the doors open. Trash blowing around in the cab is a safety issue. It amazes me to see drivers who spend all day in a car with an overflowing wastebasket, plus garbage and pop cans and food wrappers crammed into every nook and cranny of the cab. When there is a big garbage can 3 feet from the fuel pump, how hard can it possibly be to empty your wastebasket at night while refueling?

jaker

trolling
I keep a ups tote in the back for my trash and gave the local homeless people my cans from it
And tell them they have to take the trash to

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I empty all the routes I cover. Ok not all but most. I'm by no means a clean freak and I find it disgusting how most driver keep their trucks

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It's funny that this should come up. Our mechanic is HOT right now. One of our drivers kept shoving trash (paper) in the windshield because it kept leaking. He shoved so much trash in there that it eventually shoved the windshield out of the rubber by 2-3 inches. Not kidding, I saw the pictures. He had been doing it for so long that the rubber had warped and the glass wouldn't stay in place.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's funny that this should come up. Our mechanic is HOT right now. One of our drivers kept shoving trash (paper) in the windshield because it kept leaking. He shoved so much trash in there that it eventually shoved the windshield out of the rubber by 2-3 inches. Not kidding, I saw the pictures. He had been doing it for so long that the rubber had warped and the glass wouldn't stay in place.

Wow, that's crazy

Big Babooba

Was it ever written up on the DVIR? If it was then the mechanic should go to a mirror and point the finger at the clown looking back at him.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Was it ever written up on the DVIR? If it was then the mechanic should go to a mirror and point the finger at the clown looking back at him.
I do not not that for sure but knowing this driver (and after listening to the mechanic) I doubt that it was ever written up.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Depends on who gets to it first. Sometimes the carwashers empty it but if it gets too full then I dump it in YRC's dumpster when I deliver there.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I empty it myself daily.
I don't know who empties the garbage can at the hub with my Gatoraid bottles full of urine in them.
I do put the cap on tightly.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I use a DR bag and I'll usually leave it in a tote and add any trash that I accumulate during the day. At the end of the day, I tie it and toss it in the garbage. No need to have someone else clean up MY mess

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have never used the poorly designed stock trash can. They cable-tie ours in so they don't blow out like any paper trash you would put in them. I throw my Next Day Airs into a tote box, then I use the tote as a trash can that I empty out at the fuel pump trash can.

iruhnman630

I've said it before:

1. Open d.r. bag.

2. Place trash in d.r. bag.

3. Dispose of d.r. bag at end of day.

My fellow split drivers in my center annoy me to no end by making me work among their mess.

The trash bins by the doors are much better for chain storage.

yonnko

I save the plastic supermarket bags and take one to work daily for my trash. My route requires fueling up every night. I fuel up and dispose of trash in can near pumps. Easy.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have never used the poorly designed stock trash can. They cable-tie ours in so they don't blow out like any paper trash you would put in them. I throw my Next Day Airs into a tote box, then I use the tote as a trash can that I empty out at the fuel pump trash can.

They only blow out if you drop them into the hole so that they rest on the lip of the can.

The trick instead is to shove them in under the lip so that they are wedged tightly into the little recess. Set the can on the floor and kick it into the recess with your foot so that the lip of the can is below the hole instead of on top of it. Its hard to explain but I can take a pic on Monday. I had a couple of cans blow away on me before I figured that trick out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Oh I kick mine down so its wedged in tight too. We had a lot of them come loose and blow out onto the interstate, so the shop started using a cable to fasten them to the seat bracket.

I can't stand a filthy package car either, I believe in the old Boy Scout "Leave No Trace" motto.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I ran a route back in the day that the driver side door would not close. Come to find out the regular driver never removed his trash and some would randomly get shoved between the body and the door. Eventually, after continuous opening and closing, jamming the trash in the side it no longer opened and had to be written up in the DVIR by me (the cover driver)