Travel Benefits

MassWineGuy

Exactly what kinds of travel perks do Express employees have and how do we use them? I know about $89 round trips anywhere Jet Blue flys, but what else is available?

dezguy

Up here, we get a 90% discount with Air Canada but it is standby so it's pretty much useless. We had a deal with WestJet where you could go one way to either Vancouver or Las Vegas for $75 but it was again standby.

Had one fellow serf use the WestJet deal to Vegas and ended up being stuck at the airport for 23 hours, waiting for a flight back home. Pretty much got off the plane and went straight to work, after his flight.

DontThrowPackages

Much better deals on the Internet. FedEx discounts suck and standby at that.
Agree. Kayak and Cheapo air will do much better by you than any company discount. Yes you can go through the company corporate travel system and purchase a standby ticket. All it will get you is stress and a feeling of neglect. Once, the privilege of flying on company planes were allotted to frontline employees but after 9/11 I guess there's a feeling that anyone who isn't an executive or pilot will take over the plane and do something with it.
Do yourself a favor and buy a ticket on Kayak and you'll have the piece of mind you, wife, kid/kids and luggage will be leaving together on time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was active duty military we could fly space available on military transport planes on a space available basis for $10. This was ideal if you had very flexible travel plans but was not an option if you had to be somewhere at a certain time.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Once, the privilege of flying on company planes were allotted to frontline employees but after 9/11 I guess there's a feeling that anyone who isn't an executive or pilot will take over the plane and do something with it.
Which is hilarious when one considers that the only instance of a FedEx jet being hijacked was by one of our own flightcrew members.

SmithBarney

Exactly what kinds of travel perks do Express employees have and how do we use them? I know about $89 round trips anywhere Jet Blue flys, but what else is available?

Best ones we have are hotel discounts, and rental cars. Flights are worthless unless you are flying somewhere that no one wants to go(ie, lots of empty seats)

Also whenever flying bring your ID, you can take the "employee" TSA line at most airports(even with family)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Your travel benefits are essentially useless, unless you can afford to camp out at the airport for a couple of days.

CJinx

I've always used the Corporate Perks website when booking flights. Sometimes you can swing discounted hotel rooms and free car rentals at your destination.

SmithBarney

I've always used the Corporate Perks website when booking flights. Sometimes you can swing discounted hotel rooms and free car rentals at your destination.

We have a list of hotel rate codes on the intranet, pretty much beats anything else.
Just book online, and bring your ID. Book online because most hotels won't take ID or the code at the front desk. (PS book online in the parking lot if you have to)