Treated like a robot/non-human

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

K, so I'm not a UPSer but I stumbled upon this forum a while back and really like reading it for some vicarious reason :). Do you guys get worn out by getting treated like a sub-human by people just cos you wear a uniform for the company you work for? Like you aren't really worthy of human respect, dignity and politeness because you are a service employee? I work in the restaurant industry and lately I'm so, so beat up by people treating you like you are less than human and you are their "servant" simply because you are a nameless employee with a logo on your shirt...not deserving of any kind of normal, respectful human interactions.

In a capitalistic economic structure,Human beings are resources(not Humans).The Human Resources department is called the Human Resources department for a reason!

UPSGUY72

K, so I'm not a UPSer but I stumbled upon this forum a while back and really like reading it for some vicarious reason :). Do you guys get worn out by getting treated like a sub-human by people just cos you wear a uniform for the company you work for? Like you aren't really worthy of human respect, dignity and politeness because you are a service employee? I work in the restaurant industry and lately I'm so, so beat up by people treating you like you are less than human and you are their "servant" simply because you are a nameless employee with a logo on your shirt...not deserving of any kind of normal, respectful human interactions.

If you can't hang with the big dogs go back and sit on the porch... No one forced anyone to take a job at UPS.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Get used to it youngblood, you got 30 more years of it or whenever your crippled and cant do the job anymore physically. Aint nothing going to change. Welcome to the new society in America, where everybody wants more for less.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Get used to it youngblood, you got 30 more years of it or whenever your crippled and cant do the job anymore physically. Aint nothing going to change. Welcome to the new society in America, where everybody wants more for less.

We should form a union and fight for better working conditions, oh wait.

Box Ox

I work for my customers and it probably would bother me if they didn't treat me as well as they do. So I can see where you're coming from. But all I expect from management/the company is a paycheck. Anyone expecting more won't last long.

rod

Retired 22 years
How many times does she have to say she don't work for UPS. Shes treated like a robot because she is female-------------------------now go make me a sandwich.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
K, so I'm not a UPSer but ...
I view it like this. It is one of those things where, the money and benefits are always just enough to keep you there. I honestly can't quit and tell someone I left a job making what I make an hour with the benefits I get. You get treated like dirt however you get paid enough to take it, if we were making 10 dollars an hour there wouldn't guys working for 35 years. Do I think it's right they talk to us and try to trick us at every turn, no I don't. However I go to work every week for me, not for them. I get my paycheck and I go home. You have guys out there building houses and work more hours than I do and getting half the pay check I do.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
"I am not a number! I am a free man!" Cue Iron Maiden. This song is in my head every Friday. ("The Prisoner")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.