Tried to order UPS Socks. Failed!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownmonster, Apr 16, 2011.

1. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

The Cintas website indicates unavailabe due to low inventory.:angry: Is there any part of this career that is not aggravating?
  2. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

3. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Or, just quit shaving your ankles....
  4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Not sure if your center allows it it, but Bobby Sox has brown ones with a yellow band around the top. I thnk it's some guy who runs a sock place out of his house or something, the price per pair is 2 bucks though. I've given the order form to other drivers and they've even been handed one from management. UPS socks, in my opinion, are overpriced, don't feel good after a couple washes, and hold color like crap.

I'll see if I can dig up the order form since the last time I bought some, I ordered 24 pairs. Mayb someone on here has one already scanned up for ya.
  5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

6. rod

rod retired and happy

2 thumbs up for a UPS sock topic. I haven't seen one of those for a long time.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you try to order the 6 pack? I tried but couldn't for the same reason so I ordered 6 individuals socks, which they had a lot of. Took 2 days to get them. You may want to try that.
  8. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

The paycheck
  10. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

It's like banging your head repeatedly with a ball peen hammer.

Why would someone do that???

Because it feels so good when you stop.
  11. code5

code5 Member

Take an old pair of UPS socks and cut them off just below the ankle. Wear regular, below the ankle sock and slip your cut out UPS socks on overtop. Put your shoes on and there you have it.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

$30+/hr and you can't afford socks????
  13. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

I can't seem to get the socks with logos on BOTH sides of the socks.
  14. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I do the same thing. It's got nothing to do with being cheap, I just hate wearing thick socks especially in the summer. The money saved is a bonus.
  15. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

This happened a few years ago in our building no one could get any, one driver was wearing black golf socks, they told him no. either ups socks or long pants.

He fought them on it saying if UPS wont sell us the socks then all bets are off, now with no extra drivers they did not fight him and we finally got socks a few weeks later.

But here is the question, UPS knows summer is coming, I mean it happens each year, why dont they plan for this ahead of time?
  16. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

Consider ... that UPS is not the real enemy here. Or, at least, consider that there is a UPS Gnome department which has been as-of-yet unrevealed ...

Phase 1: Collect [-]Underpants[/-] Socks
    Phase 2: ?
    Phase 3: Profit
    Lasted edited by : Apr 16, 2011
  17. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

You could say the same thing about Peak.
  18. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Or Monday.
  19. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Thanks Diz
  20. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Looking for UPSSOCKS???
    Have you tried in his mothers basement?
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011