Tried to order UPS Socks. Failed!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I refuse to buy their socks. I wear black Nike or Under Armour ankle socks that are barely high enough to stick out of my shoes. UPS forces you to wear their shirt so they provide it for you. UPS forces you to wear their pants/shorts so they provide them for you. Doing the math here, if you UPS is going to force me to wear a one particular sock, then they can provide them to me. Plus, UPS's own policy book says that drivers should wear black or brown socks. It mentions nothing about logos on the side or when wearing shorts you are required to wear the Brown UPS logo sock. I was told that it was "understood". I didn't understand.

brownelf

this sock issue pops up every spring, our current management team requires UPS logo socks only when wearing shorts this time around. Last year we could wear anything in black or brown w/shorts, now even the brown/yellow stripe ones are forbidden. And as the others have said at the moment the approved socks are unavailable, our center manager is aware of this (as we buy in bulk for center each year as giveaways with our safety money) but is still insisting they must be used. Perhaps one day we can have a consistent year to year policy regarding uniform issues, as it's gonna be interesting when the weather warms and all the guys who bought the lower price brown/yellow stripe socks in bulk last year thru the center are told they can't wear them this year.

tourists24

They have to have socks available.... I just got my new shorts that are so long they go down way below my knees... I am getting the crew socks and pulling em all the way up.... :)