Troll Comparisons - Mine is bigger than yours

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Teamsters Endorse OBAMA

The Trouble With Trolls

1830.jpg

----Definition----

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Trolls delight in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic troll tries to make us believe that he is a skeptic. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. A troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

While he tries to present himself as a skeptic looking for truth ... his messages usually sound as if it is the responsibility of other forum members to provide evidence that what forum is all about is legitimate.

He (and in at least 90% of cases it is he) tries to start arguments and upset people."

--- Remember, ignoring them is an option. ---

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Thinking of leaving UPS ?????

Wait!!! 24, 25 posts and no one has called this guy a troll?

You're right...we've been complacent.
We have become so dependant on Over9five and Tieguy to root out the trolls that we have become derelict in our responsibilities.
I am shamed -
This is obviously a troll, troll, troll.

wisedragonfly

Re: Done Lurking

That's what I hear. I think they think living the dream is BBAG.

Hey WDF, you can search the threads and find posts by BBAB, to see what we mean. A troll is what we thought you were, when you started posting your sales lead stuff.

ROTF :laughing:
Is a troll good or bad?

I really do care about those sales leads. My own district is the "Least Best" in my region. I hate that title! :angry: but have so little control over it as an admin, from BD at that.

I was shocked to read that so many drivers hated the program, that in my opinion, was built as way of rewarding them for finding new business that they see out there everyday.

So, am I a troll? :peaceful:

over9five

Staff member
Re: Press Conference on Friday morn

"I see troll people. They're everywhere. And they don't even know they're trolls..."

iowa boy

Re: Is there anybody at the wheel at UPS that can pay attention to the real world?

please, please stop feeding the troll

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Re: Is there anybody at the wheel at UPS that can pay attention to the real world?

please, please stop feeding the troll

Sorry Pobre Carlos but I have to agree with iowa boy, you are a troll. Anybody who posts on a website, that has as it's primary members those who are Teamsters (or those who depend on the Teamsters labor), essentially anti-union propaganda (I know, I know you are not anti-union and what you say is not propaganda) is begging for a fight.

It's akin to a Chevy guy posting on a Ford forum that Ford stands for "Found On Road Dead". Or calling Mustangs "Disgustangs" or "Rustangs".

And even if there is occasionally a shred of truth in your ramblings you are not going to get through by beating people over the head with your opinions (again, I know, you call them facts) or insulting them.

That being said, and though I have found you to be the most exasperating poster I have ever encountered at the Brown Cafe, you do serve a useful purpose. You allow those of us who fundamentally disagree with you a sounding board to bounce our ideas off of. Though, and not to be insulting, you have not won me over in the slightest, I have read some very interesting posts by other posters that have further reassured my own beliefs.

And for that I thank you.

So you see, no matter what your goal is here on these fine forums, if it might have been (which I highly doubt) to further unite my fellow union brothers and sisters, you are indeed accomplishing your goal.

I await an interesting, and snide, remark :peaceful:.

satellitedriver

Re: Adult Signature Required-Question

Hi!
Consider only the grandmother being home. She might just sign for the package :surprised:
the package that it is "Adult"
(most Grandma's are Adults)

If however the package is ONLY delivered to the recipient as noted on the package, it could - rightfully - not be delivered.
Not delivering a pkg defeats our (UPS) purpose in being in business.

Would appreciate any insight
Thanks
Torsten
I may be wrong, but this is troll talk to me.
Bogus from the start.

Re: Illegal Anti-Union Meetings

I own my business which im at from around 6:00 am-1:00 pm
I work at Fedex from 2:30 pm-8:30 pm.All the pickup routes in my station are part timers.Ive been at Fedex for almost 17 years.At my business,I have a computer in my office.

Who is stealing my pension?I need to find out,I didnt know someone was stealing it from me.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Hey everyone...STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Re: Fed Ex Media Campaign - Gloves coming off

Again, you seem to prove my point.

Can I assume that you are not concerned about the FAA reauthorization bill?

You are happier being non-union. It should make no difference to you that FedEx is governed under the same rules as UPS, right?

Of course, Fred S has a different opinion than you. Did you read his discussion yesterday? He is afraid that if FedEx has the same rules as UPS, there will be service disruptions.

Why would happy, well paid employees sign up to be part of the big, bad union and then vote to strike? Maybe in addition to telling people here how happy you all are, you should tell Fred that he has nothing to worry about with the new legislation.

P-Man

Funny how the troll completely ignores your posts. You would be better off spending that 1minute of your time doing something worthwhile, of course who am I to tell you how to spend your valuable time.

P

pickup

Re: Where can I get a UPS suit?

It has been clearly established , by his own actions, that fedex4life is a smuck and a troll.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Re: Brownbailout is Working

I'm wondering why we allow these idiots to post at Brown Cafe when we're not allowed to post at their foolish site?

Seriously, I think we should moderate them the same way their mods moderate anyone who doesn't agree with their propaganda.

Remember when that first troll signed on and I warned him/her? That was the original contention.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Re: Illegal Anti-Union Meetings

I don't know, nor do I care, why they use the language they use -- the meetings are legal. You can look it up.

You are sounding more and more like a troll with every post, but I'll bite on this one. Management is required to be "neutral" and cannot actively advocate either for or against unionization.That's why the verbage of the anti-union meetings is so carefully crafted...by FedEx Legal. By calling them "information sessions" and controlling the content so the senior manager cannot deviate from the script, he/she cannot wander off into the land of the illegal.

IMO, they're not legal, and according to both the RLA and the NLRA they're not legal either. FedEx isn't supposed to be actively anti-union, but they have been for 36 years and counting. You're kind of slow, but have you ever wondered why Fred always has this exact same comment when asked about unionization of FedEx Express. "FedEx is not against unions in any way". That covers him legally. The reality is something else that you choose to ignore.