Troops get pizza & beer via DHL

yonnko

A no alcohol ban is being lifted for the troops on superbowl sunday. The troops are getting free pizza and beer for the game. Goods are being shipped free via DHL. God bless the troops. Enjoy!!!! Although, I wish it UPS delivering.

Channahon

January 23, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Our fighting men and women in Iraq can expect a special treat from the Chicago area in the near future.
Two local businesses are packing up plenty of beer and pizza and shipping it to the troops in the Middle East.
'Pizzas 4 Patriots' is a non-profit organization with the mission of making a positive difference in the lives of our men and women - those patriots presently serving and our wounded veterans. It is their goal to provide our armed forces with gifts from home. The troops will be able to enjoy super bowl 43 drinking a beer and eating some Chicago pizzas.

Schlitz and local distributor Luis Glunz Beer, Inc. are sending a toast to our troops in Iraq for super bowl 43. Employees of the Lincolnwood distributor gathered in the warehouse to sign well wishes to our service men and women on a large banner and load up three pallets of Schlitz classic 1960's formula for delivery to bases in Iraq and Afghanistan.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
That's it! 3 Pallets.. What's that half a beer each!!

and there you have it folks..... no good deed goes unpunished.

G-d bless our troops and may they enjoy the game, the beer and the pizza and have the time to relax. I think them everyday for what they do for our country.

drewed

Shankman
Its maybe 3 aircraft pallets each pallet holds 3 skids...i read a diff article wjere it saod it was just over 4000 beers to a single base.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's it! 3 Pallets.. What's that half a beer each!!

I bet you bitched about the turkey coupon too, didn't you?

It is a gesture of appreciation for the sacrifice that these troops are making. They don't have to do anything and the troops would still do their jobs. I spent a year overseas and a gesture such as this would have been greatly appreciated.

sano

I asked my brother, who is in Iraq as a contract fire fighter, about this. He confirmed that a lot of different companies are donating beer. everyone on base gets 2 beers for the super bowl. Everyone except the fire fighters and other emergency personnel.

Sure is a well deserved break for all the men and women serving over there.

959Nanook

I recall the two beers we got for Super Bowl when I was in Iraq in 2005. In our case, the beer was donated by Anheuser-Busch. They were served in the dining facility over the course of two days for those of us who were unfortunate enough to be on duty during the airing of the Super Bowl.

I don't specifically recall how it worked for the contractors (or the military members under the age of 21 for that matter) but all the military units submitted an alpha roster to the assigned dining facility for that unit and you signed your name when you were issued your two beers.