Trouble ahead

Purplepackage

In Massachusetts they have opened 2 of their own distribution centers & hired drivers (contracted)for like $100 bucks a day
Amazon has a bunch of job listings on indeed.com
Our Saturday volume has definitely gotten lighter & it seems P2 volume is going down during the week
I do a night route so it won't affect my regular pickups

Our p2 volume is starting to go up if anything, besides that it's almost peak and apparently lots Internet shopping sites are starting deals now.

Don't act like Amazon carries fedex or ups if you haven't noticed people buy all kinds of weird :censored2: on the Internet from a variety of places

Artee

Our director was in a couple weeks ago and was discussing this in passing. Since we are the ones with the 53' trailers picking up all this freight we would like to make longer range plans, be able to plan for volumes, and hire or scale back on the drivers. There are times we have to hire contractors, which is double what we could do it for, because Amazon is heavy that week or month. Amazon will not take FDX phone calls, will not meet with us, and have no desire to talk to us regarding long range plans. They just want us to come in on a daily basis and pick up what they give us. The planning for having their own delivery company is in the works. They are working very closely with OnTrac and would not be surprised if they were to buy them out, along with other small regional carriers. Our director firmly believes that we are just a stop gap until they can get things up and running. It could be next year, could be in 10 years, but at this time it does not appear they are in FedEx's long term plans.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
In Massachusetts they have opened 2 of their own distribution centers & hired drivers (contracted)for like $100 bucks a day
Amazon has a bunch of job listings on indeed.com

Yup, I've seem a few cargo vans running around with the Amazon logo on a magnetic sign... No uniform; just a reflexive vest that construction workers use.

I asked them if they're hourly or subcontracted... Bad news confirmed; subcontractors like FedEx ground/ hd

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our director was in a couple weeks ago and was discussing this in passing. Since we are the ones with the 53' trailers picking up all this freight we would like to make longer range plans, be able to plan for volumes, and hire or scale back on the drivers. There are times we have to hire contractors, which is double what we could do it for, because Amazon is heavy that week or month. Amazon will not take FDX phone calls, will not meet with us, and have no desire to talk to us regarding long range plans. They just want us to come in on a daily basis and pick up what they give us. The planning for having their own delivery company is in the works. They are working very closely with OnTrac and would not be surprised if they were to buy them out, along with other small regional carriers. Our director firmly believes that we are just a stop gap until they can get things up and running. It could be next year, could be in 10 years, but at this time it does not appear they are in FedEx's long term plans.

Maybe. I'm starting to see more OnTrac semis and vans all the time. After hearing about the recent revelations about the Amazon corporate culture, what you postulated seems about right. They probably think they should all have a FedEx app on their phone, and when they open it, a fleet of 53 footers appears like magic.

This is how tech geeks think. They have no concept about trucks, trucking etc. Push a button, and it just happens. Not.

Last edited:

ILuvPandas

Can a person even live in Massachusetts on a hundred bucks a day?
And that's before taxes so no way rents are only going up in Mass
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1445791292.406691.jpg

But they make it seem like a great job!!

RedAngel

I think that's the reason behind FDX own SameDay delivery service that still outbids Amazon for all those same day orders from department stores to medical supplies to documents.So while Amazon is desperately trying to promote there same day service thru prime FDX will always have the brand and the people backing it.Also funny thing FedEx office does all there printing work?! materials from banners to applications go figure.

Crozz

And if they hit the cap do they turn away packages or do they take the business but waive the service guarantee?
They have an agreement on how much they will receive a day when they hit that number the secret it to usps and brown. Amazon is not worth taking on more the profit margins are not there.