Trouble opening drop box

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Thank goodness I don't have any on my area. But, when they think I need more. They will send me one. Last time they did it didn't open. So I loaded it in the truck and brought it back to the building. The mechanic needed to use a pry bar to open it. EMPTY! Took them a week to bring it back out. Haven't had the letter box in about 6 months now.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I realize this may be a dumb question, but I just did a route that required letter box pickups. I know you have to punch in the 3 numbers say for instance 23,4 however I had a lot of trouble opening it, so I called for help. Any suggestions as to how to open them? I'm sure it's fairly simple, I just haven't figured it out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I have 19 boxes on my area and a few of them are finicky. I used to use only my thumb when pressing the first 2 numbers and then the last number. That would leave me cursing at the ones that are difficult to open. I've since started using my index and middle finger to press the first 2 simultaneously and then press the last digit. Works every time. You could also carry a large common(flathead) screwdriver to pry one open... Or toss the entire box into your car and carry it back to the bldg.

Sent using a Potato

Dusty01

I have two boxes on my route.... only had one box not open for me. I brought the damn thing back to the center. Told the mechanics there was a letter box on the tail end of my truck with NDA's in it. They popped the door with a crowbar and a new letter box was on my route within two days. Every now and then a few people give me $#!^ for bringing in the letter box, but we made service on those airs!