Truck Bed Caps

STFXG

Been thinking about buying a pickup and throwing a walk-in cap on it. Any of you express guys know who makes the ones you use on your trucks? I've seen a couple silverados with them.

HomeDelivery

yuck, don't do it... stick with stepvans with sliding pocket doors & easy pass-thru to the cargo area.

or maybe those upfitted cargovans that look like sprinters if you're concerned with maintenance costs.

main-art-L-7.jpg

My current boss sold all his freightliner/dodge sprinters because it was too costly to maintain w/ mercedes benz parts. He has some DHL ford E350/E450 stepvans instead & they're much roomier than the skinny sprinters.
main-art-L-7.jpg

STFXG

Room and maintenance aren't a concern. It's going to be my personal vehicle and second as an emergency back up/supplemental. Have just been looking in to different shells and the express type ones would work better than a lift glass type one.

bbsam

Staff member
Room and maintenance aren't a concern. It's going to be my personal vehicle and second as an emergency back up/supplemental. Have just been looking in to different shells and the express type ones would work better than a lift glass type one.
I intend to do the same. I do have a 2002 E350 V10 with a Quigley 4x4 conversion. I wish Ford would sell them straight from the factory floor.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I intend to do the same. I do have a 2002 E350 V10 with a Quigley 4x4 conversion. I wish Ford would sell them straight from the factory floor.

And what do you think of it? And did you have it before the conversion? If so, what did it do to the mileage of the V10? I've always wanted one to make into a chase truck...or now a Zombie hunter...lol

bbsam

Staff member
And what do you think of it? And did you have it before the conversion? If so, what did it do to the mileage of the V10? I've always wanted one to make into a chase truck...or now a Zombie hunter...lol

Absolutely awesome. I bought it from a guy who got it from the US government. I usually get about 12 mpg with it which is pretty much on par with some of the larger diesels, but I don't need a p1000to run 30 stops out in zombieland.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Right on...I know the V10 pulls like a freight train, but they've been much maligned for mileage. Oddly enough, 12mpg is what I get with the small V8 in my Dodge around town, it does real well on the highway, but I hardly ever drive on the highway.