Trump and Smith ticket?

oldngray

nowhere special
Did he claim that working at the community center counted as foreign policy experience?

I don't know. Did he?

And you need to remember that VP's are held to a much lower standard than Presidential candidates. The main purpose in choosing a VP candidate is demographics and attempt to attract more voters to the ticket.

A more accurate comparison would be the opposing VP candidate Biden. Do you want to get into statements he has made?

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know. Did he?

And you need to remember that VP's are held to a much lower standard than Presidential candidates. The main purpose in choosing a VP candidate is demographics and attempt to attract more voters to the ticket.

A more accurate comparison would be the opposing VP candidate Biden. Do you want to get into statements he has made?
I think there is a thread on that already. I find him hilarious. And nobody honestly says he can't do the job.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Could you imagine Mr, Smith's business structures under the populist scrutiny that's permeating the country today? First it's Trump University and it's possible fraud and then comes along FedEx with the RLA exemption and Ground with it's contracting model. "It's all perfectly legal," the pundits would say.

"That's the $%#@&!!! problem!" the voters would respond.

No way Fred would do it.

This is actually a great point. Smith doesn't want any attention paid to the Ground scam or some of his past crimes (DWI, insider trading, embezzlement, womanizing...and others), so maybe he'd be smart to stay under the radar.

Trump U a scam? Never.

bacha29

As mentioned earlier the likelihood of Smith taking the job is low indeed. As mentioned by some of you earlier the vetting process would expose many of the suspect business dealings of the " Great Leader". We are seeing that now with Trump and there are plenty more to come. Seeing the ugly side of Donald Trump being exposed I don't think that Smith would want someone to find the skeletons hanging in his closet.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As mentioned earlier the likelihood of Smith taking the job is low indeed. As mentioned by some of you earlier the vetting process would expose many of the suspect business dealings of the " Great Leader". We are seeing that now with Trump and there are plenty more to come. Seeing the ugly side of Donald Trump being exposed I don't think that Smith would want someone to find the skeletons hanging in his closet.

Read my post about what's coming down the pike in terms of Express becoming basically a PT company. This tells me The Weasel knows Trump will lose big, and that he will be facing a pro-union administration and a Supreme Court that will lean Left and support labor.

Let's see what happens.

vantexan

Maybe they wanted to verify that they could also see Russia from her house.
The funny thing about the Palin attacks is she became governor because she went after the Republican fatcats as some kind of government commissioner, reworking deals to insure all Alaskans benefitted from state resources. She has mostly faded because, to be honest, she really needs polishing to be a national figure. But all the personal attacks don't do justice to the spine and grit the lady has.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The funny thing about the Palin attacks is she became governor because she went after the Republican fatcats as some kind of government commissioner, reworking deals to insure all Alaskans benefitted from state resources. She has mostly faded because, to be honest, she really needs polishing to be a national figure. But all the personal attacks don't do justice to the spine and grit the lady has.

She's an attention whore who is cashing-in. Caribou Barbie will live on in her new TV series, "Judge Clueless".

vantexan

She's an attention whore who is cashing-in. Caribou Barbie will live on in her new TV series, "Judge Clueless".
Really? Hardly see her anymore. The attention given her was at it's height when liberal media sources sent hundreds of reporters to overturn every stone in Wasilla. But look it up. She made her rep going after Alaska's Republican establishment.

bacha29

We can go jawing back and forth about Trump and Clinton right up to the election and beyond but here is what cannot be overlooked. Trump and Clinton are manufactured political products placed on the market by their respective political factories. Both are seriously defective and clearly point to the need for reform. Whether you are a center-left registered Democrat like myself or a dyed in the wool Republican what we are being offered is an insult but the fringe party candidates are no better.

vantexan

We can go jawing back and forth about Trump and Clinton right up to the election and beyond but here is what cannot be overlooked. Trump and Clinton are manufactured political products placed on the market by their respective political factories. Both are seriously defective and clearly point to the need for reform. Whether you are a center-left registered Democrat like myself or a dyed in the wool Republican what we are being offered is an insult but the fringe party candidates are no better.
That's inaccurate. The Washington Republican establishment is scared to death of what Trump might do. And very upset with what he's done so far.

bacha29

While at the present time he may be a bit of a maverick and he may get himself into the White House. Rest assured however given his reckless behavior one false move or damaging misstep his own party will be looking for an excuse to impeach him and remove him from office much in the same manner that the GOP did to Nixon. Barry Goldwater and other high ranking Republicans went up to the White House and told Nixon, "get out before we throw you out".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Word has it that she's getting a "Judge Judy" type show, as if we need another TV "judge". Sarah is a maroon, plain and simple, but she's smart enough to cash-in on the bigger morons who think she's got what it takes to be a leader.

Her political star has fallen from the sky.