Trump would Tax.....

DontThrowPackages

Trump said in an interview he would tax and set tariffs on American companies which send/have factories in other countries and want to ship those products into the USA. I know this would never happen but why aren't the other GOP candidates commenting about the problem of USA factories going out of country? Most Americans are upset about this issue. Does someone deserve 90,000.00 to guide a motor onto a car frame? No. But something has to change or more and more people will decide to just sit on their butts and let the government feed them. Companies don't want to pay Taxes, do want to take advantage of third world labor and posses an insatiable want for money. Big business has found legalized slavery and, outside of buying their product, they can't care less about the working class.
Trickle down economics? Trickle down on who? Gulfsteam and Sunseeker?

overflowed

He doesn't have a chance at winning but he is making a lot of people including the politicians think a little. This is a good thing.

Goldilocks

He doesn't have a chance at winning but he is making a lot of people including the politicians think a little. This is a good thing.

I like what Trump is doing to both parties. He speaks his mind without a teleprompter. The Republican party seems to be pushing Bush and I don't know why. Carson would make a great Surgeon General. No way to Hilary, during our trouble times in the Middle East the last thing we need is a woman President because they consider Dogs at a higher level than Women. Bernie is just too old. So who?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Trump said in an interview he would tax and set tariffs on American companies which send/have factories in other countries and want to ship those products into the USA. I know this would never happen but why aren't the other GOP candidates commenting about the problem of USA factories going out of country? Most Americans are upset about this issue. Does someone deserve 90,000.00 to guide a motor onto a car frame? No. But something has to change or more and more people will decide to just sit on their butts and let the government feed them. Companies don't want to pay Taxes, do want to take advantage of third world labor and posses an insatiable want for money. Big business has found legalized slavery and, outside of buying their product, they can't care less about the working class.

The trend recently is for major manufacturers to bring those jobs back to the States. It is called in-sourcing.

dezguy

Why? Who gets to dictate who makes what, doing whatever job they are doing?

The guy or gal guiding that motor onto a car frame are working for corporations that rake in BILLIONS and it has been proven time and time again that worker compensation factors into less than 5% of an automobiles total cost.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why? Who gets to dictate who makes what, doing whatever job they are doing?

The guy or gal guiding that motor onto a car frame are working for corporations that rake in BILLIONS and it has been proven time and time again that worker compensation factors into less than 5% of an automobiles total cost.

Are you justifying auto workers making upward of $50/hr for a job that has been all but automated?

dezguy

Are you justifying auto workers making upward of $50/hr for a job that has been all but automated?
I would like to know any autoworker that makes $50/hour and even if they did, good for them. Get what you can when you can get it. Any of us would jump at the chance to make that kind of money. As I said, auto worker compensation works out to less than 5% of the total cost of a vehicle.

Serf

Let us not forget the FBI has an ongoing investigation with the Democratic front runner Hilary. I think the silent majorities have spoken. No Republican candidate looks overwhelmingly strong. They dance around everything Trump talks about. It's Sanders VS. Trump. Broken apart from the corrupt, political mold!

vantexan

One thing to consider about corporations and taxes, everyone is quick to point out they don't pay enough in taxes but they get huge breaks not just because they make campaign donations but also because they employ millions as well as support millions more with equipment expenditures, healthcare expenditures, property leasing, etc. Seems like some would love to see FedEx get reamed by the tax man but then could they afford all the jets they need from Boeing? FedEx can't offshore delivering packages in the U.S., so they don't get the break manufacturers do. If they don't seize every opportunity to maximize profit, sooner or later they fail. And granted, they do seem much more interested in profit than taking care of their employees, but that's the dog-eat-dog world we live in. We can only change their behavior by walking away in significant enough numbers. Enough have that the rest of us may finally see some benefit. It's a shame that we can't just do our jobs for a fair wage and go about living our lives. Working in this environment will leave a mark on us long after leaving the company. But it is what it is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let us not forget the FBI has an ongoing investigation with the Democratic front runner Hilary. I think the silent majorities have spoken. No Republican candidate looks overwhelmingly strong. They dance around everything Trump talks about. It's Sanders VS. Trump. Broken apart from the corrupt, political mold!

Joe Biden might have something to say about that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One thing to consider about corporations and taxes, everyone is quick to point out they don't pay enough in taxes but they get huge breaks not just because they make campaign donations but also because they employ millions as well as support millions more with equipment expenditures, healthcare expenditures, property leasing, etc. Seems like some would love to see FedEx get reamed by the tax man but then could they afford all the jets they need from Boeing? FedEx can't offshore delivering packages in the U.S., so they don't get the break manufacturers do. If they don't seize every opportunity to maximize profit, sooner or later they fail. And granted, they do seem much more interested in profit than taking care of their employees, but that's the dog-eat-dog world we live in. We can only change their behavior by walking away in significant enough numbers. Enough have that the rest of us may finally see some benefit. It's a shame that we can't just do our jobs for a fair wage and go about living our lives. Working in this environment will leave a mark on us long after leaving the company. But it is what it is.

The environment you describe is a corporate oligarchy, as articulated recently by former President Carter. The top folks seem to be doing just fine.

bbsam

Staff member
And things went well under Carter, no?
No. Do you suggest that fact makes what Carter described "wrong"?

Companies like Walmart and FedEx shut out unions and then join ALEC and chambers of Commerce and you can't see how right he was...or are yout being a political hack?

Last edited:

vantexan

No. Do you suggest that fact makes wharf Carter described "wrong"?

Companies like Walmart and FedEx shut out unions and then join ALEC and chambers of Commerce and you can't see how right he was...or are yout being a political hack?
We can hate corporations all we want but capitalism works. Unfortunately it works too well for some so envy builds up and guys like Sanders capitalizes(no pun intended) on it. If you can come up with a better system that you'll prosper in as much as this one please share. And you do use capitalism to your benefit, and not your employees. I hate how a huge segment of our population has been turned into wage slaves. I also hate that a huge segment has been turned into a dependent class by our politicians. Want a fairer system? Cut off the money that enriches both Wall Street and our executives through the 401k plans. If we can't do that we'll never see executives willing to meet us half way.

bbsam

Staff member
We can hate corporations all we want but capitalism works. Unfortunately it works too well for some so envy builds up and guys like Sanders capitalizes(no pun intended) on it. If you can come up with a better system that you'll prosper in as much as this one please share. And you do use capitalism to your benefit, and not your employees. I hate how a huge segment of our population has been turned into wage slaves. I also hate that a huge segment has been turned into a dependent class by our politicians. Want a fairer system? Cut off the money that enriches both Wall Street and our executives through the 401k plans. If we can't do that we'll never see executives willing to meet us half way.
It isn't hate for corporations. It's disgust at how they buy off the politicians and exploit the laws that their lobbyists write. That's exactly what Carter said it is.

As wk says, "the system isn't broken; they built it this way."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Ah. You use the Right Wing buzzword "envy". The problem with unfettered capitalism is that there is a huge underclass required to support those at the top of the pyramid who are doing extremely well. Our own Mr. Smith, whom you apparently idolize, was born rich, got richer through being a dirt bag, and now makes even more because he has the political system working for him, instead of for the people.

van, you've got a bad case of Reaganism. Maybe you should go to your proctologist and have it removed.

vantexan

Ah. You use the Right Wing buzzword "envy". The problem with unfettered capitalism is that there is a huge underclass required to support those at the top of the pyramid who are doing extremely well. Our own Mr. Smith, whom you apparently idolize, was born rich, got richer through being a dirt bag, and now makes even more because he has the political system working for him, instead of for the people.

van, you've got a bad case of Reaganism. Maybe you should go to your proctologist and have it removed.
You point out "envy" as if it isn't so, then proceed to talk about how well the rich are doing. Just so we're clear, I could care less about how much Smith, Gates, Buffet, Trump, or whoever has as long as they pay me fairly. And in the area I live I would consider fair pay for someone who's put in as many years as I have and who consistently went above and beyond to be about $55k annually. You may need more in your area, but I'd be content with that and a decent pension. In your time you got a decent deal, and looks like those coming aboard now will get a better deal, but there's a large group in the middle that they :censored2: upon and looks to me like they think it's ok to continue to :censored2: upon us. Maybe they don't respect us for holding on while getting hosed. At any rate, no matter what they do you'll never be content because you believe in a fantasy world where workers make more than a company can pay but it'll all sort itself out in the end. They're greedy at the top, you're greedy at the bottom, and the greed and envy will never stop. For every one of you MFE there's a Dano who resents your top out pay because he sees it as that much less bonus he'll be getting, or that his $100k salary won't grow because the company has to pay malcontents more than they're worth in his opinion. I want my company to pay me fairly, but not so much that it'll break them, and then where would we be? It's that kind of mentality that drove many companies offshore, and is destroying countries like Greece.

Goldilocks

Well then let me ask, which one of the candidates do you think will help this country the best and tell me why?
I think the Republican Party is pushing Jeb on the American people. I think he would be a Big mistake. Carson would be a great Surgeon General. Carly, Cruz, Rubio I need to here more about their plans. I agree that Trump has not given us any kind of plan, but he has sparked a lot of problems that the left and the right have failed to address. Hilary is joke. I would love to see a women president but now is not the time. Middle East see women as dogs and are treated worse. There would be zero negotiations with the Middle East if a women is elected. Unless she looked like a super model or like the Queen Rania of Jordan. Bernie is too old. When the Black Lives Matter group took over his microphone, he was done, in my opinion.