Trying to help a co worker retain employment

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hes also trying to get vaca pay, for 2016. That he should have earned in 2015, but the hr girl keeps forgetting to check, lamebrain, ....and his ada keeps getting lost. His doc has sent 3 xs.

No better reason to never, ever go in mgmt

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Can you hear the frustration?? Im so pissed off. And i cant tell you how many times ups does not know, local, or corporatewide, to do the right thing. One guy was off for something, dont remember the name, and he , a ft driver did not know he was eligible for dis. And now he is dead.......When i told him, he got it. And yes, its about educating yourself and personal responsibility, but.....when it is a potential life threatening situation, i just feel someone should be in touch to help people like this. I mean, Good Lord someone fighting for their life.....has little time for bs

trickpony1

Be aware that HRSC is a third party contractor. They aren't UPS employees.

They couldn't care less about us employees.

They are still gonna get paid whether we live or die.

clean hairy

Get the ball rolling for Social Security Disability?
Certainly, he can get a general leave of absence?
I would not hesitate to take it to the Media, email all of your local TV Stations like Yesterday! They should be all over this, as the folks in Big Shot Central would have a lot of backlash from the Public.
Treating a long term loyal Employee in this manner?
They just want to get rid of him so they no longer have to cover his health expenses through the insurance!
Get Cancer, you are a liability and they get rid of you!
Sinking to a new low!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Get the ball rolling for Social Security Disability?
Certainly, he can get a general leave of absence?
I would not hesitate to take it to the Media, email all of your local TV Stations like Yesterday! They should be all over this, as the folks in Big Shot Central would have a lot of backlash from the Public.
Treating a long term loyal Employee in this manner?
They just want to get rid of him so they no longer have to cover his health expenses through the insurance!
Get Cancer, you are a liability and they get rid of you!
Sinking to a new low!
Yes to all the above, except leave of absence.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes to all the above, except leave of absence.
Is he currently hospitalized? If he's home....he really needs to at least attempt to go back to work. Keeping his medical insurance (assuming he's not covered under a spouse or parent's insurance and needs his insurance from UPS) is rather crucial if he has cancer.

Or a leave of absence...but I"m not sure if we can keep our insurance while doing that.

Last edited: