TSA needs your help NOW

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]The TSA Is Coming To a Highway Near You[/h] Believe it or not, only 7 years ago, TSO’s went by a more deserving title, “airport security screeners.” At the time, their title and on the job appearance consisted of a white shirt and black pants. This was fitting because airport security screening is exactly what’s required of the position. However, this is no longer the case.
In the dead of night, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) administratively reclassified airport security screeners as Transportation Security Officers. The TSA then moved to administratively upgrade TSO’s uniforms to resemble those of a federal law enforcement officer. They further completed the makeover with metal law enforcement badges. Not surprisingly, government bureaucrats at the TSA left out one crucial component during the artificial makeover – actual federal law enforcement training as is required of Federal Air Marshalls.
While TSO’s may have the appearance of a federal law enforcement officer they have neither the authority nor the power. If a passenger brings a loaded gun or an explosive device into an airport screening area there is nothing a TSO can do until the local police step in to save the day.
If TSO’s are truly our nation’s last line of defense in stopping an act of terrorism, then the TSA should immediately end the practice of placing hiring notices for available TSO positions on pizza boxes and at discount gas stations as theyhave done in our nation’s capital. Surely, this is not where our federal government is going to find our brightest and sharpest Americans committed to keeping our traveling public safe. I would contend that we can surely strive for a higher standard and may want to look first to our veterans returning home from the battlefield.
H.R. 3608, the Stop TSA’s Reach in Policy Act aka the STRIP Act. This bill will simply overturn the TSA’s administrative decision by prohibiting any TSA employee who has not received federal law enforcement training from using the title “officer,” wearing a police like uniform or a metal police badge. At its most basic level the STRIP Act is about truth in advertising.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hiring fools to " protect us " will only result in more stupid incidents.
I like the Israel approach much better, having a trained solider interviewing each passenger. And since they started that how many planes have had terrorist incidents ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think "profiling" works and that's why Israel is so good at security. They aren't afraid of offending anyone, they just question the right people.

Just_another_day_at_work

What did Iraq, Iran, Libya has to do with us? Libya was the number 1 wealthy country in Africa.
We are the ones who started messing with them, not them coming over here. Our CIA changed Iran's democratically elected president, because it didn't represented the west's best interest, today we are watching what the result is...
Ok let's say we don't leave, occupy more countries spread "freedom" while we destroy their previous institutions, to me that's more like us digging into more problems (while we go bankrupt), which conclude the need of more security institutions for us and I don't want/need more security from my government.

Just_another_day_at_work

THIS is Amerika: TSA Treats 3-Year-Old Wheelchair-Bound Children on Way to Disney, Like Terrorists SGTreport – The Corporate Propaganda Antidote – Silver, Gold, Truth, Liberty, & Freedom

brett636

The TSA has to go. There is simply no justification for the treatment ordinary Americans receive at airports in the name of security, and the horror stories of the treatment the TSA is now famous for are as numerous as the number of TSA agents currently employed. What worries me even more is the fact that the TSA is a government agency, and a government agency's natural tendency is to grow and expand its own power. When will it become normal for TSA pat downs to occur to people just walking down a city street. Or to get stopped in your personal vehicle for a TSA "security check". It sounds crazy, but the TSA already has teams of officers who do surprise checks at bus stops, subway stations, and even national highways. The argument used right now is if you don't want to deal with the TSA then don't fly, and this ignores the fact that some people have to fly, but I believe it is not a question of if, but when, the argument becomes if you don't want to put up with the TSA then don't leave your house. This government entity is a huge threat to our national heritage as a free people and if not abolished will grow into the most terrifying government entity since the rise of the power of the IRS.