TSA tailgaiting

IamFedEx

Does this mean the hundreds of stations hundreds of miles away from the real Airports are now considered "airports"? I wonder what The company did to deserve this from the TSA. FedEx never does anything wrong or illegal. I don't know that the parking lots are even large enough to land planes in...since you know.. Stations are airports.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Troll post. The TSA would have nothing to do with a FedEx location off-airport.

This is not true. I know for a fact that the TSA did a surprise visit to my station 2 or 3 years ago. One guy walked past the front counter into the CSA area and another walked in a side bay door into the warehouse. It cost the station $20,000 in fines. SM was NOT happy. Since then, all kinds of security has been put in place.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
If you work at a ramp you should be well enough aware of the rules of the airport. Most if not all of them state that if you don't feel comfortable in any way call the airport police/security/sheriff, etc if you see anything suspicious. None of the rules state that you need to be a hero and apprehend anyone. Common sense is your friend.
When did I say a damn thing about apprehending anyone and being a hero?? We're talking about what the airport authority is expecting of us, and having just recently completed my SIDA recurrency for the umteenth time, I can tell you that mine requires us to challenge anyone we encounter within SIDA not exhibiting appropriate credentials - they say nothing whatsoever about backing off and notifying police/security instead....However, being that I DO in fact possess a modicum of common sense, I am absolutely not about to do that.

Again, I am talking about what they EXPECT us to do, NOT what I WOULD do......GET IT??????

Artee

Troll post. The TSA would have nothing to do with a FedEx location off-airport.

Why don't you ask the station in Phoenix that just got popped by the TSA. Tell them its all a dream and it never really happened since they are not at the airport. Those aren't real fines. You just pay with monopoly money.

Artee

Again, I am talking about what they EXPECT us to do, NOT what I WOULD do......GET IT??????

Oh I get it, but you obviously don't. You and your doomsday scenario about being found dead behind a J can with your throat slit. You are so melodramatic. Let me know what airport/ramp you work at and I will pull up your airport security guide where it goes into depth about what you need and don't need to do along with the listing of the consequences and fines you will receive for each level of infraction. They all state to call the appropriate authorities should you feel it would be a bad idea to confront someone.

Artee

Yes, Fartee, I'm being melodramatic...Who the friend are you anyway???

Apparently I am someone who knows a whole lot more than you about whats going on. Hope you don't get scared of your own shadow walking around the boneyard at night. Make sure you steer clear of the LD3's. That's where the nefarious throat slitter's like to hide before they commit their dastardly deeds.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Thanks for the tip, Clown.

So I can safely assume if there truly are no boogiemen out there, then this whole stop and challenge thing is just an enormous waste of time, and it's the TSA that are the ones truly being melodramatic here.

Thought so.

IamFedEx

FedEx is too cheap to hire real security guards to sit at the gates. They're scaring unarmed employees into doing it. I'm not allowed to have a weapon of any sort. If someone drives up behind me and I believe they pose a threat.. Guess what. My a** is driving out the other gate. What code is station security anyways? Need a time card code if I'm going to be playing security gaurd.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is not true. I know for a fact that the TSA did a surprise visit to my station 2 or 3 years ago. One guy walked past the front counter into the CSA area and another walked in a side bay door into the warehouse. It cost the station $20,000 in fines. SM was NOT happy. Since then, all kinds of security has been put in place.

I am aware of many FedEx locations that have no perimeter fence or gates at all. There is a central station/warehouse, and 40-50 vehicles are parked outside. To enter the station, you must go to a man door, punch-in a code, and then you can enter and raise the overhead door. Again, unless your station is adjacent to a ramp, I'm not getting this angle from the TSA.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I am aware of many FedEx locations that have no perimeter fence or gates at all. There is a central station/warehouse, and 40-50 vehicles are parked outside. To enter the station, you must go to a man door, punch-in a code, and then you can enter and raise the overhead door. Again, unless your station is adjacent to a ramp, I'm not getting this angle from the TSA.

My station is not adjacent to a ramp. We have well over 100 trucks, all inside. To enter bay door outside the gate, we have to enter a code. After the TSA fined our station, security had automatic closer put on our one bay door not inside the gate.

The station next to mine has a gate around the front with a keypad, but the back driveway is hidden with no gate. Their vehicles (over 100) are all inside also.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well maybe if Fred wasn't so obsessed with his ultra-lean staffing as a business model, maybe this could've been avoided. The overworked CSA's were probably out in the warehouse doing something a handler could be doing.

hypo hanna

Well maybe if Fred wasn't so obsessed with his ultra-lean staffing as a business model, maybe this could've been avoided. The overworked CSA's were probably out in the warehouse doing something a handler could be doing.
This.
If fedex doesn't want to get fined, fedex needs to fence their facilities, hire a security guard for the gate and staff enough CSA's so there is one available (and trained in self defense) at the counter at all times. See how simple this is?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This.
If fedex doesn't want to get fined, fedex needs to fence their facilities, hire a security guard for the gate and staff enough CSA's so there is one available (and trained in self defense) at the counter at all times. See how simple this is?
I'm sure some brilliant engineer showed Fred, Matt and Dave some spreadsheet that determined stuff like this is unnecessary.

hypo hanna

And TSA agents easily breeching locations because underpaid employees ignored them is showing Fred that maybe stuff like that is necessasary.