TSA understands zero tolerance

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm with Bubblehead. If you break a "zero tolerance policy" and you still work here, then it is NOT a zero tolerance policy.

When you and bubblehead form your own company, then you can interpret and implement what your ideas of what Zero Tolerance means.
Until then, worrying about it is a means to create frustration and stress.
I've found that people who are always worrying about how others are treated or what they have are usually unhappy people.

I really don't care about definitions of Zero Tolerance or much of anything else at work.
I am not considered a good model by many there but I don't care.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sounds like "zero tolerance" actually means "varying degrees of tolerance" depending upon who you are.

Are lawsuits irrelevant?

Try suing for it.
Different job classifications mean different treatments.

The law is not concerned with differential treatment unless sex or race are in the equation.

over9five

Staff member
When you and bubblehead form your own company, then you can interpret and implement what your ideas of what Zero Tolerance means.
Until then, worrying about it is a means to create frustration and stress.
I've found that people who are always worrying about how others are treated or what they have are usually unhappy people.

I really don't care about definitions of Zero Tolerance or much of anything else at work.

I don't care either. I just think it's silly (and probably intentionally misleading) to call it "zero" tolerance when it's not.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't care either. I just think it's silly (and probably intentionally misleading) to call it "zero" tolerance when it's not.

Good point but it's just a word.

I personally think of it as Madonna Tolerance.
Sometimes it's with shaved underarms and sometimes it's with Euro-style un-shaved arms.

Re-Raise

Good point but it's just a word.

I personally think of it as Madonna Tolerance.
Sometimes it's with shaved underarms and sometimes it's with Euro-style un-shaved arms.

Not sure exactly how we got there.. but OK.

I would think if the supervisor in question escalates the violence against his co-workers the next time it could open UPS to a lawsuit for not addressing the subject the first time, in the same way ignoring sexual harassment would.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think if the supervisor in question escalates the violence against his co-workers the next time it could open UPS to a lawsuit for not addressing the subject the first time, in the same way ignoring sexual harassment would.

They could argue that it was addressed when they gave the sup a 2 day suspension.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Two days off that he still got paid for??? So they REWARDED him.....

Management can be suspended without pay (but Healthcare continues).
It is a pain but if his superiors wanted to they could.

And, regardless of pay or not, he is is on thin ice.
Unlike Union employees who get their job back almost every time.

trickpony1

I would think anyone with a firm grasp of the English language would know and be able to explain what "zero tolerance" means.

Just saying.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would think anyone with a firm grasp of the English language would know and be able to explain what "zero tolerance" means.

Just saying.

As a high school student, Yes they would.

After being in the real world for a few years, they would not be so sure.

Knowing that a tomato is a fruit is knowledge,
Knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad is wisdom.

DS

Fenderbender

Hoke, relax.You don't have to speak for the whole company,let alone endorse the way they do things.
Even the Pretz is but a megapixel in the scheme of things.