TSG Pay...

mrups

Does anyone know what my starting pay in TSG? I have a BBA in IT management degree, A+ certification, and 7 years seniority at UPS part time.

Thanks for the help in advance!

tieguy

Banned
Does anyone know what my starting pay in TSG? I have a BBA in IT management degree, A+ certification, and 7 years seniority at UPS part time.

Thanks for the help in advance!

120 K to start, 165 K when you successfully complete your 90 day probation. Good luck.

mrups

120 K to start, 165 K when you successfully complete your 90 day probation. Good luck.

What position in TSG pays $120K to start and 165K after 90 days?

I have gotten other information that includes salaries anywhere from $17-25.50/hr..

Thanks for the help!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What position in TSG pays $120K to start and 165K after 90 days?

I have gotten other information that includes salaries anywhere from $17-25.50/hr.

He was pulling your leg, its not 120-165K to start. Your other figures are more accurate.

mrups

Thanks for the information on the company issued black berry. Does anyone know if TSG employees get reimbursed for the miles driven between facilities while out servicing their IT needs? Is there a per diem to compensate for the wear and tear of using your car on the job instead?

PPH

Technology Support Group. The starting pay depends on where you live and when I started there back in the day Istarted at 16.00 bucks an hour which was awesome for a PT Sup.

nerrollus

Yeah, it's going to depend on your area... My area starts a little under $15 an hour. We're full time hourly, non-union employees. The first two years you get an evaluation and a pay raise every 6 months, then eventually you'll become a Tech II (Sr. Tech) and that will come with a small pay raise too. Your experience, degrees, certifications, and time with UPS makes no difference. You'll start out at whatever your area is offering as the starting pay for a TSG Tech. You will get to keep your vacation and crap though.

You get issued a company cell phone that can only be used to contact other technicians and email. If you call your wife or the help desk on it you get bitched out. You get paid milage on your car. Depending on what kind of car you drive and the number of miles, you can actually make a pretty good chunk of change from driving on the company dime. Some of the guys I know can do 1500 miles a month at like .40c a mile. (Actually I think it's closer to .50c a mile now) But if you drive some cheap car that gets good gas milage you'll always end up on top from your milage check.

If you have a degree, go to another company. Working in TSG sucks and the job is a joke. They're constantly working on phasing us out and our job has pretty much been reduced to swapping out scanners and printers and occasionally reinstalling Windows on a PC.

Why would you want to get into a group that is being eliminated? Many areas no longer have them and more cuts are ahead.

HankTheTank

I would stay away from TSG for now. More cuts for certain parts of the country are on the way. They may not do layoffs but when people leave the department for what ever reason they will not be replaced. I was in TSG and the chance came to do something differnt so I took it. Not what I want to be doing but I'm still getting a paycheck.