Tucson Shooting !

moreluck

golden ticket member
The shooter was refused re-admission to his school until he had proof he was not a threat to himself or others......definite past signs of his mental imbalance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I question "the judge" thing. That judge had no formal plans....they said he just happened to stop by to say hi to his friend. He wasn't wearing robes or anything identifying him as a judge.. Unless the kid had staked out his home & followed him, I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

klein

Für Meno :)
Hard to believe the Judge was the original target, maybe both ?
As has been reported , he walked right up to Giffords, shot her point blank in the head.

How anyone can do that, beats all my thoughts.

And yes, I agree, a nutcase !

No one in their right mind would take those statements as a call to violence. IF this shooter teed off on these (as far as I know there is no proof of that) then we need to push for stronger laws on wording and phrases for all public statements, huh. Can anyone say 1st Amendment?

Unfortunately there are lots of people in this country one could say are not in their right mind.

tieguy

Banned
The whole thing is, frankly, disgusting. The shooting, especially; and to anyone who tries to politicize it, I say "Have you left no sense of decency?"

Just saw this and it seems at the moment it's really unclear where this kid was at or what his "political" motivations might have been. If he was tea party as some suggest, it's also been stated that he posted on Daily Kos and not as an antagonist either. From his FaceBook, a rough BIO shows of his favorite books which are all over the map, 2 of them are Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto so one then might argue the kid is just an extreme authoritarian as both bodies of work are roadmaps to such. Was he reading the various dystopian sci-fi works as "how too" manuals?

I even read that his real target was in fact the judge and it was because the judge had ruled the gun background check unconstitutional. Where does that place this kid if this turns out to be true? This kid was all over the map so to ascribe a political motive for a political purpose at this point just seems to me to be way to early but the mental observation would seem for now to hold water.

I'll condemn the actions of this kid Hoax regardless of his motive and not even knowing them at this time. On the one hand I'll condemn on the grounds of non-violence principles but I'll also condemn it because the state is nothing more that a brute thug (that goes for any non voluntary state) and any violence against it is nothing but an excuse for the state to further spread it's net of violence against what little still remains of the free society we once at least thought we were.

:peaceful:

no he does not

tieguy

Banned
I question "the judge" thing. That judge had no formal plans....they said he just happened to stop by to say hi to his friend. He wasn't wearing robes or anything identifying him as a judge.. Unless the kid had staked out his home & followed him, I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

the police have said that the congresswoman was the target.

bbsam

Staff member
Yep. I was wrong. Spoke before knowing. But if there is another incident, I'm still looking in the same direction first. If there's a team "talking the talk" don't be surprised by members "walking the walk" and yes some of them may be "crazy". Why after 9/11 did we look at Al-Queda? Because they'd been talking about it for years. (No, I'm not saying Tea-Partiers are terrorists. Just like I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists.)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'll condemn the actions of this kid Hoax regardless of his motive and not even knowing them at this time. On the one hand I'll condemn on the grounds of non-violence principles but I'll also condemn it because the state is nothing more that a brute thug (that goes for any non voluntary state) and any violence against it is nothing but an excuse for the state to further spread it's net of violence against what little still remains of the free society we once at least thought we were.
:peaceful:

I resisted posting on this thread until some facts came out. It was interesting reading though.
The Congresswoman was a "Blue Dog" democrat who many accused of being more like a Republican than a Democrat. Also, she is from Arizona and the South in general where Democrats tend to be more conservative than the Republicans from up North and the Left coast. She was hardly the target of the Tea Party other than just another office in their "Bag" (pun intended). She also voted against Pelosi last week.

@wkmac - Your anarchy observations seemed better when you had the bomb-throwing anarchist avatar. Whatzup with that?

wkmac

@wkmac - Your anarchy observations seemed better when you had the bomb-throwing anarchist avatar. Whatzup with that?

Upstate placed a suggestion in the suggestion box and I liked it!

I'm still pissed that Oscar Meyer used their trademark police to wipe the internet clean of my all time favorite avatar. Many here liked it and so did I. For those who never saw it imagine the Oscar Meyer Wiennie mobile in the background of this picuture!

ron-jeremy.jpg

island1fox

:sad-little:One of the major problems in America and the World today.
Every bad or evil event is "someone elses" fault.
The Arizona shooting is a terrible tradegy and my prayers and condolences go to the Congresswoman,the Judges family and all who were touched by this savage.
It was NOT Arizona's fault.
It was not political discourse fault --harsh or not.
It was not Sarah Palin's fault.
It was not the Tea parties fault
It was not talk radio or TV
It was not the politicians Democrat or Republican
It was not the "GUNS" fault.

The young thug who had previous problems with the law ,behavioral problems in school, rejected by the army is responsible for the senseless shootings.

I personally hope that after his trial by jury that he will be promply put to death.
He and he alone is responsible for this hideous crime.:sad-little:

over9five

Staff member
:sad-little:One of the major problems in America and the World today.
Every bad or evil event is "someone elses" fault.
The Arizona shooting is a terrible tradegy and my prayers and condolences go to the Congresswoman,the Judges family and all who were touched by this savage.
It was NOT Arizona's fault.
It was not political discourse fault --harsh or not.
It was not Sarah Palin's fault.
It was not the Tea parties fault
It was not talk radio or TV
It was not the politicians Democrat or Republican
It was not the "GUNS" fault.

The young thug who had previous problems with the law ,behavioral problems in school, rejected by the army is responsible for the senseless shootings.

I personally hope that after his trial by jury that he will be promply put to death.
He and he alone is responsible for this hideous crime.:sad-little:

Halelejah! I also HATE hearing how how it's always caused by something else (groups, people, upbringing). YOU, and only YOU are responsible for your own actions.

island1fox

brownbaggin,
You can be bought up rich, poor, black,white,lover or hater but bottom line what YOU do is what YOU are responsible for .

curiousbrain

brownbaggin,
You can be bought up rich, poor, black,white,lover or hater but bottom line what YOU do is what YOU are responsible for .

It is my contention that that is a gross oversimplification of how people respond to situations - in this case, an extremely long and complex thing such as an upbringing. If you disagree with that, that is fine; it is equally possible that I am right or wrong, as it is for you, as well.

tieguy

Banned
Halelejah! I also HATE hearing how how it's always caused by something else (groups, people, upbringing). YOU, and only YOU are responsible for your own actions.

wow what a theory. !!!

no goober boogeyman in that theory.

which reminds me the missus is mad at me for not putting the toilet seat down, should I blame the government or tell her the chickens have come home to roost?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Talk about hate..........
Westboro Baptist Church Announce Plans to AZ Shooting Victims’ Funerals — Including Christina Greene’s