Tucson Shooting !

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Rep. Robert Brady (D-Pa.) reportedly plans to introduce legislation that would make it a federal crime to use language or symbols that could be perceived as threatening or inciting violence against a federal official or member of Congress.
This is because of a map used by Palin's 2010 campaign that showed target crosshairs on certain swing vote areas, however in 2008 the DNC also used a map showing areas with bull eyes . Is this a classic case of stupidity ?

No, its a classic case of a politician pandering to his constituency by making a big deal out of passing some warm and fuzzy "feel-good" law in order to create the illusion of doing something worthwhile.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just saw the observed "moment of silence" with the prez. & wife. Nobody spoke, but the damn cameras never stopped clicking. WTH? Couldn't they have taken the picture then stopped?

wkmac

Just saw the observed "moment of silence" with the prez. & wife. Nobody spoke, but the damn cameras never stopped clicking. WTH? Couldn't they have taken the picture then stopped?

They were red state cameras hoping to catch the Prez peeking so then they could politicize that as well!

rod

Retired 22 years
I see some mamby pamby congresman in Minnesota now wants to post two armed guards and a metal detector at each entryway of our state capitol. He said it will cost 100's of thousands of dollars but the tax payers of Minnesota need to protect their politicians. (he also said that lots of people working at the capitol already carry a concealed weapon- legally he added). I think he should get his own gun and quit thinking up ways to increase my taxes. In all reality, in the land of the free, there isn't much you can do to stop a nutcase who is out to shoot someone.

wkmac

Now I just learned something that really twist this all on it's head. Here is Congresswoman Gifford's YouTube page where she posts vids as I'm sure many if not all people in Congress have done but look down at the lower left where it lists the YouTube pages that Rep. Gifford subscribes too under the heading "Subscriptions". One is the YouTube page of former Congressman Ike Skelton and the other you'll just have to click on the icon "Classit..." and see for yourself.

klein

Für Meno :)
Wow ! I wonder why or how she subscribed to him !

Maybe an affair gone wrong ? (that might be taking it too far), but who knows now ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I see some mamby pamby congresman in Minnesota now wants to post two armed guards and a metal detector at each entryway of our state capitol. He said it will cost 100's of thousands of dollars but the tax payers of Minnesota need to protect their politicians. (he also said that lots of people working at the capitol already carry a concealed weapon- legally he added). I think he should get his own gun and quit thinking up ways to increase my taxes. In all reality, in the land of the free, there isn't much you can do to stop a nutcase who is out to shoot someone.

Over-reaction always costs US money!!

bbsam

Staff member
I'm amazed they don't already have them. Around here you can't walk in a local or federal courthouse without sherriff's police or US Marshall's searching you.

over9five

Staff member
That's the damned rich and privileged for you. They'll use taxpayer money to have armed guards protect them.
Obviously they're better than us.

wkmac

A person's decisions have consequences, and this nutcase will have to face the consequences for the decisions he made.

Does that same thing apply to Washington DC, all 50 state houses and the 1000's of local leaders who set themselves up to make decisions that can have drastic consequences in the lives of many, many people, quite often many innocent hard working people who bust their :censored2: taking care of themselves and their families while sparing any burden on anyone else for their benefit?

At what point do the average folk reach their threshold and cross the point of no return and then do we still hold the Gifford's of the world completely blameless and innocent? Granted in this situation it's a horrible thing to think of and discuss but the fact is that consequences go bothways even when they go horribly and tragically wrong.

Exclusive: Loughner Friend Explains Alleged Gunman's Grudge Against Giffords

wkmac

That's the damned rich and privileged for you. They'll use taxpayer money to have armed guards protect them.

More non transparency and secrecy and then what happens when they get it wrong AGAIN and with smiling face just ask us to, "TRUST ME!"

Now I just learned something that really twist this all on it's head. Here is Congresswoman Gifford's YouTube page where she posts vids as I'm sure many if not all people in Congress have done but look down at the lower left where it lists the YouTube pages that Rep. Gifford subscribes too under the heading "Subscriptions". One is the YouTube page of former Congressman Ike Skelton and the other you'll just have to click on the icon "Classit..." and see for yourself.

Can't tell how long that subscription has been there. He had been to one of her town hall type meeting once before, possibly her staff found out his name and wanted to see what type of stuff he was posting. Makes more sense than an affair gone wrong.

tieguy

Banned
Does that same thing apply to Washington DC, all 50 state houses and the 1000's of local leaders who set themselves up to make decisions that can have drastic consequences in the lives of many, many people, quite often many innocent hard working people who bust their :censored2: taking care of themselves and their families while sparing any burden on anyone else for their benefit?

At what point do the average folk reach their threshold and cross the point of no return and then do we still hold the Gifford's of the world completely blameless and innocent? Granted in this situation it's a horrible thing to think of and discuss but the fact is that consequences go bothways even when they go horribly and tragically wrong.

Exclusive: Loughner Friend Explains Alleged Gunman's Grudge Against Giffords

the people are trying to find jobs and pay bills right now. They'll get to that anarchy thing for ya as soon as they get caught up on the bills.

wkmac

[video=metacafe;5773263/true_news_gabrielle_giffords_jared_loughner_and_ma]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5773263/true_news_gabrielle_giffords_jared_loughner_and_ma dness/[/video]

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
That's the damned rich politician and privileged for you. They'll use taxpayer money to have armed guards protect them.
Fixed it for ya.
The rich would hire body guards and create more jobs, the rich politicians (many of them) will just think of ways to waste our money.:biting:

klein

Für Meno :)
Hold Republicans responsible ??? Really ???? NY Times...figures!

Well, I did learn something on my news today.
Those gun magazines were temperary banned under the Clinton Administration.
But, later congress just let that law expire.

They will be re-thinking that law now, probably one of the first things on the agenda.

P

pickup

Well, I did learn something on my news today.
Those gun magazines were temperary banned under the Clinton Administration.
But, later congress just let that law expire.

They will be re-thinking that law now, probably one of the first things on the agenda.

If only we had listened to you, this never would have happened.

When i find myself in times of trouble
Klein's posts, then I see
speaking words of wisdom
Candidly Canadadly

then i wake up
come to my senses
a voice asks then asks of me
should America be like Canada?
Candidly Canadaly

Candadaly, Canadaly Cadadaly, Canadaly

Can we achieve that state of bliss?

Canadaly, Canadaly.