Tue-Sat forced to work 6 days.

Jasoonis

I am a Tue-Sat driver. Today at PCM my center manager was looking for volunteers from our Mon-Fri drivers to work Saturday, no one was being forced just asking to lighten us up a little. So i asked do the Tue-Sat drivers have to work Monday. He said Yes, from now until Christmas we have to work every Monday.

How is this fair? If you are a Mon-Fri driver you still get your two days off, but if you are a Tue-Sat driver you are forced to work 6 days until Christmas. I have family just like the Mon-Fri drivers, I have gifts to buy, and my body needs time to recover. I do 320 stops+/550 pieces a day. Now I will be forced to so that 6 days a week.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Work a long day Monday, stretch the rest of the week a bit and you will have Saturday's off until Christmas. :)

320 stops takes you more than 10 hours on the clock doesn't it?

Skooney

They tried to force me to work 6 days a number of years ago by forcing me to take a hazmat class on my day off. I didn't show up.

Long story short, nothing happened. And I'm fairly sure they can't force you to work your day off.

PT Car Washer

They tried to force me to work 6 days a number of years ago by forcing me to take a hazmat class on my day off. I didn't show up.

Long story short, nothing happened. And I'm fairly sure they can't force you to work your day off.
Oh yes they can. Of course UPS can not force you to work sick driving a DOT vehicle.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am a Tue-Sat driver. Today at PCM my center manager was looking for volunteers from our Mon-Fri drivers to work Saturday, no one was being forced just asking to lighten us up a little. So i asked do the Tue-Sat drivers have to work Monday. He said Yes, from now until Christmas we have to work every Monday.

How is this fair? If you are a Mon-Fri driver you still get your two days off, but if you are a Tue-Sat driver you are forced to work 6 days until Christmas. I have family just like the Mon-Fri drivers, I have gifts to buy, and my body needs time to recover. I do 320 stops+/550 pieces a day. Now I will be forced to so that 6 days a week.
Get your 60 hours in M-friend

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

Stop whining, I amongst all my other brothers in our center are being forced to work every Saturday through peak. Even talks of taking away our day Monday the day after Christmas from us. Does it suck? Yes. Is it fair? Not really. Are we royally friend'd this year? Yes. What you gonna do? Quit? Most likely no. In 6 weeks it will be a memory. Get over it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do 320 stops+/550 pieces a day. Now I will be forced to so that 6 days a week.

Your Saturday dispatch will be much, much lighter, although I do agree that it unfair to force the T-S to work on Monday but not force the M-friend to work Saturday.

They posted a sign up list for today (I signed it) then changed their minds and told us that we will all be working. We will process about 4K packages and will run both Saturday and Monday air with the relaxed commit times. Everything will be loaded and those stops that are closed will not be sheeted and will not be pulled from the car. No pickups except for sweeps of bulk pickups such as the UPS Store.

You need to file a grievance.

vvv

SLOW DOWN!!!! It's your own fault that you are getting that much work shoved down your throat and up your :censored2:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

You work in my building bro. First off, they are forcing Sat on the M-friend drivers based on seniority, volunteer top down, force from the bottom up. You are already a low seniority driver if you are T-S schedule. You are being forced in on Monday from the bottom up based on your seniority. If you don't like it, you should have bothered to fill out your ballot and mail it back two months ago, maybe spread the word to some other brothers, and maybe things would be able to get fixed.

Hump dump and roll

I'm a M-friend driver and I'm being "forced" into work today and I have less then 4 hours of DOT left so I'm so po'd I demanded 8 hrs of work today and was told of my limit and my response was for $50/I'm not to proud to pick up a broom. This afternoon should be interesting.

over9five

Staff member
I'm a M-friend driver and I'm being "forced" into work today and I have less then 4 hours of DOT left so I'm so po'd I demanded 8 hrs of work today and was told of my limit and my response was for $50/I'm not to proud to pick up a broom. This afternoon should be interesting.
You definitely have to post back what you did after your 4!

BrownTexas

If everyone did this, they would rethink the forcing issue.

BrownTexas

How is this fair? If you are a Mon-Fri driver you still get your two days off, but if you are a Tue-Sat driver you are forced to work 6 days until Christmas. I have family just like the Mon-Fri drivers, I have gifts to buy, and my body needs time to recover. I do 320 stops+/550 pieces a day. Now I will be forced to that 6 days a week.
No one is ever truly forced. All you have to do is call in.

Back first

Crazy how some ctr's are forced to work saturdays through peak. I am in a medium size center and not a peep about working saturdays.