Tues-Saturday route being put up for bid in center.

ManInBrown

It will be one of the open routes we have right now that will be put up. Here's the question. What happens when that driver is on vacation? Cover drivers can do 5 different routes in 1 week. Almost no Covers work the same route for 5 days. Who's going to work Saturday? I sure as hell am not working on a Saturday. Will they have a Saturday Air driver cover this person's work on his week off?

Will they determine the week prior that so and so should not report Monday and will be working Saturday? This should be fun. Not sure how they are going to work this. Do any of you have one of these routes in your center that can provide some insight?

upschuck

Apparently Air only and some pickups. We've heard nothing of Ground being moved
Is tue-fri just air, too? We have several of those, and the people that have them seem to like the schedule. Here they don't worry about covering sat, because when someone is on vac, they have enough pt air drivers that come in on sat that would jump at the chance to get more time.

ManInBrown

Is tue-fri just air, too? We have several of those, and the people that have them seem to like the schedule. Here they don't worry about covering sat, because when someone is on vac, they have enough pt air drivers that come in on sat that would jump at the chance to get more time.

No. This is a FT rt bid. Tues-Fri will be a normal day. Monday the route will be cut. Sat will be air and pickups.

upschuck

No. This is a FT rt bid. Tues-Fri will be a normal day. Monday the route will be cut. Sat will be air and pickups.
Sounds like they are creating a bid route, where one doesn't need to be created, at least where I'm at it wouldn't. Kind of thinking outside the box. Be a mess during peak, though

Johney

It will be one of the open routes we have right now that will be put up. Here's the question. What happens when that driver is on vacation? Cover drivers can do 5 different routes in 1 week. Almost no Covers work the same route for 5 days. Who's going to work Saturday? I sure as hell am not working on a Saturday. Will they have a Saturday Air driver cover this person's work on his week off?

Will they determine the week prior that so and so should not report Monday and will be working Saturday? This should be fun. Not sure how they are going to work this. Do any of you have one of these routes in your center that can provide some insight?
Are you planning on bidding it? If not why GAF.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If you were low man you'd be working Saturday.

UPSGUY72

We have FT T-S Article 22.3 Air driver bid routes. FT cover driver do not cover these routes when the Air driver is off other 22.3 people or PT Sat Air drivers do.

ManInBrown

Probably because he doesn't want to come in on sat to do the air.
Bingo. And I am not low man. Will the force be seniority based? Route knowledge for Saturday area? That's what I would like the answer too. My concern is how do they decide who comes in Saturday, when said driver is on vacation? That is my only concern. Other then that I do not GAF

upschuck

Bingo. And I am not low man. My concern is how do they decide who comes in Saturday, when said driver is on vacation? That is my only concern. Other then that I do not GAF
Other air drivers would work later. We have air drivers that go home early that would love to have the hours.

ManInBrown

Sounds like they are creating a bid route, where one doesn't need to be created, at least where I'm at it wouldn't. Kind of thinking outside the box. Be a mess during peak, though
They're not creating a bid route. It's an open route of a driver who went feeders, that used to be Mon-Fri. For whatever reason they are changing it to Tues-Sat. It can be cut on Mondays and almost always is.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would be perfectly willing to occasionally come in on a Saturday in exchange for having a Monday off. It would be a perfect opportunity to have a weekday free for doctor/dentist appointments and other errands that can be challenging to deal with during a M-friend workweek.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Don't you guys have Tuesday-Saturday air drivers? We don't have any AM air drivers on Mondays. Whenever someone is on vacation on Saturday theres a list of guys who run to grab it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We had a route a few years ago that had a Tues- Saturday job and the guy who got it had probably 10 years of FT seniority. It doesn't always fall to the lowest guy.

Mr.UpsMan

ManInBrown, I believe you might be bidding on a work schedule not a route. I currently am a Tuesday to Saturday ground driver. Tues- Fri I cover drive. On Saturday I deliver air then do pickups. I pick up 5 of our UPS stores then pick up Target and Amazon ground. When I'm on vacation they have an air driver do my work on Saturday. There are other centers near me that also do Saturday ground pickups as well. It'll be a matter of time before we work Saturday like our competitors.

onehandsolo

ManInBrown, I believe you might be bidding on a work schedule not a route. I currently am a Tuesday to Saturday ground driver. Tues- Fri I cover drive. On Saturday I deliver air then do pickups. I pick up 5 of our UPS stores then pick up Target and Amazon ground. When I'm on vacation they have an air driver do my work on Saturday. There are other centers near me that also do Saturday ground pickups as well. It'll be a matter of time before we work Saturday like our competitors.

We have the same thing in my center. It as been assigned to the lowest seniority driver.

ManInBrown

Thanks for your response. It's not a bid on a work schedule. It's one of the open routes we have, that will be put up for bid as a Tues-Sat.