Tuition assistance

tnups

Does anyone know if UPS offers college tuition assistance for part-time gateway employees? If so, how would one apply?

diesel96

Does anyone know if UPS offers college tuition assistance for part-time gateway employees? If so, how would one apply?

There's info @ UPSERS.com on scholarships and downloading applications...I believe The Theodore R and Vivian M Johnson Scholarship Program apps are accetpted in FEB. Not every student can rec'v an award. A selection committee reviews and evaluates apps. Good grades and extra curricular activities is a plus.....Good Luck

ja4079

ja4079
I thought the Johnson scholarship was for employees children and you have to live in Florida I think. My son received the Johnson and it was wonderful covered all of his college for 4 years. Very thankful that he got it.

drewed

Shankman
Ups is still doing the tuition reimbursement for management i believe? no they dont do it for union employees anymore and a gateway employee, would also be catergorized as a hub employee

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ups is still doing the tuition reimbursement for management i believe? no they dont do it for union employees anymore and a gateway employee, would also be catergorized as a hub employee
WOW Drew, I almost didn't recognize you. You really have to come around a little more often. :wink2:

brett636

They still do tuition assistance for part-time union employees and management to my knowledge. They just stopped offering it to fulltime union employees. Unfortunately I fall into that group. :(

brownrodster

Probably depends on where you are at. In my building only PT sups get tuition reimbursement. And that's only because if they gave tuition money to regular union puds then no one would ever become a PT sup. Ever.