Tuition reimbursement and a college fund?

ScottyUSN

My Son who is a part-time employee and plans to begin college in the spring.

I've been funding a a state run prepaid college fund in his name since he was 7 years old. His tuition payments will be sent directly from the state fund to the University.

Will UPS reimburse my son for tuition expenses at the end of the semester, or will they claim because it is coming from a fund he will not be reimbursed?

Anyone have experience with this type of situation, or know who he/I should contact for a definitive answer?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From what I understand about tuition reimbursement your son has to pay for school upfront and will be reimbursed when he submits the paperwork to UPS. You should then receive a refund from the university for the payments from your 529. I do know that there is a maximum dollar amount that UPS will reimburse but I don't know what it is.

There are several members here who have taken advantage of the tuition reimbursement who will know more about this than I do.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

disneyworld

I'm not sure about your situation but I do believe the student has to stay at UPS for 2 years following their last class for tuition reimbursment.

UPSGUY72

You son should be able to log onto to his UPSERS account and finda link under MY life and career. Here is a little info that might help.

Last edited by a moderator:

atatbl

You need to speak with EdCor to get accurate info.

Part-time employees: 1-800-850-5181, option 5

https://ups.tap.edcor.com/

To log into their website you will need your employee identification number and birth date, entered in a six digit format: 102568.

Rebos1969

I am currently an employe of the company UPS, and I have been told of this benifit. They will reimburst me up to $1,000 - $1,500 per semester for a total of $2,000 - $3,000 in one calender year. You can always go to a local human resource and they can gove you more information on this matter.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am currently an employe of the company UPS, and I have been told of this benifit. They will reimburst me up to $1,000 - $1,500 per semester for a total of $2,000 - $3,000 in one calender year. You can always go to a local human resource and they can gove you more information on this matter.

While you are at the HR office you should ask them if you can use tuition reimbursement for grammar and spelling classes.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
While you are at the HR office you should ask them if you can use tuition reimbursement for grammar and spelling classes.

I liked your evil mistress comment better.LOL
My son has been doing the earn and learn for two years and it has worked out ok. $1500.00 a semester. You have to be exacting with your paperwork though. They will use any irregularity as an excuse to hold up your money.
You pay the college up front,have Ups approve the courses ,get a passing grade, do the paper work ,and get a check.