turkey cards

Big Babooba

I've had a rough year and I know I haven't hit bottom yet. But when I do, I know old fatso will bounce right back up. There are people who are worse off than me. I never had to look hard to find them. My daughter has a friend who has fallen upon hard times. She got my certificate.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
For the life of me I cant see why people are so mad about getting a coupon instead of an actual turkey.

I am grateful. Its a gift. I actually prefer the coupon, because my wife and I buy organic free-trange turkeys for the holidays, and I can use the coupon towards the purchase of one.

How much pollution was generated by trucking frozen turkeys all over the country to every UPS facility? How much fuel will be saved by allowing us to pick out our own turkey when we are already at the store?

Is it fair, during this Christmas season when times are hard for many, to complain about a gift? Is it right to develop a sense of entitlement?

I am not shy about criticizing UPS when I feel it is warranted. But in this case, all I have to say is...."thank you, UPS" for the gift.

Ms.PacMan

Well if you are buying the turkey for yourself, cruise down the pop aisle on the way out of the store. The 2 liters of 7-Up have tags around the necks with a coupon for a free 2 liter of 7-Up when you buy a turkey.

If you prefer alcohol look in that aisle for Mondovi wine and Budweiser rebate forms. The Budweiser rebate was $25. Purchase two (2) Bud, Bud Light, or Bud Select 12 packs or larger, cans or bottles. Purchase price of deli platter, ham or turkey must exceed $25.

Use the $15 turkey coupon on a $25 turkey, buy 2 packs of Bud (about $20), send in the rebate and get $25 back in the mail.

So $45 - $15 coupon - $25 rebate = $5 for a turkey and 2-12pks of Bud. (I love coupons! :happy-very:)

Big Babooba

Our center manager passed out our vouchers today and I asked him if he had found a local charity that would be able to put these to better use and he said he had so I gave it right back to him. $15 does not mean nearly as much to me as it may mean to someone who may be a bit down on his luck.

I have noticed a disturbing trend in this thread and that is this sense of entitlement that some of our members seem to have. A gift is a gift and should be thought of as such. There was even one post that asked if we would be taxed on this gift. Give me a break!! It is a gift and we should be thankful for it--if we don't want it or feel that others may benefit more from it, then donate it, but don't feel that you are entitled to it.

For the life of me I cant see why people are so mad about getting a coupon instead of an actual turkey.

I am grateful. Its a gift. I actually prefer the coupon, because my wife and I buy organic free-trange turkeys for the holidays, and I can use the coupon towards the purchase of one.

How much pollution was generated by trucking frozen turkeys all over the country to every UPS facility? How much fuel will be saved by allowing us to pick out our own turkey when we are already at the store?

Is it fair, during this Christmas season when times are hard for many, to complain about a gift? Is it right to develop a sense of entitlement?

I am not shy about criticizing UPS when I feel it is warranted. But in this case, all I have to say is...."thank you, UPS" for the gift.
Lighten up people. It's amazing how many people will look a gift horse in the mouth. The Christmas turkey is not a contractual obligation of UPS, It is a gift. It is one of the links to Jim Casey that we still have. Multiply the number of people who received the gift by $15.00 and you will see that it's not chump change. I wonder how many people who are complaining about the certificate are the same who complained about the frozen turkey in the past - there were people who did. Now you have the freedom to choose what you want- plus the company saved money in the distribution of the gift. Is that a crime? I gave my certificate to somebody who was less fortunate than me. I know that the certificate was appreciated as much as a frozen turkey would be. Some people are thankful for what they get because they know what it is like to go without.

Big Babooba

If you prefer alcohol look in that aisle for Mondovi wine and Budweiser rebate forms. The Budweiser rebate was $25. Purchase two (2) Bud, Bud Light, or Bud Select 12 packs or larger, cans or bottles. Purchase price of deli platter, ham or turkey must exceed $25.

Use the $15 turkey coupon on a $25 turkey, buy 2 packs of Bud (about $20), send in the rebate and get $25 back in the mail.

So $45 - $15 coupon - $25 rebate = $5 for a turkey and 2-12pks of Bud. (I love coupons! :happy-very:)
Maybe you should change your name to Ms. 12 PacMan:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sober and Big (and everyone else of the same opinion) are right. To me it's not a big deal. It saves me room in the freezer. We are doing ham, so I will save my coupon for later or I will give it to someone who needs it.