Turkeys

tarbar66

I always looked forward to the annual Christmas turkey and Kick in the Ass. At least all is not lost.:happy-very:
When the Kick in the Ass is gone you'll know UPS is in trouble. I got 35 years worth of Turkey memories too. My best memories were those when I gave it to someone who needed more than I did.

NY11725

We use to get Pizza every friday as long as our numbers were good, each PD had their own numbers of course, so not every area got pizza, and we use to get Free Bottled Water every Wednesday, once we got Watermelon on break...

when I realized we stopped getting Pizza and Water..us getting turkeys never crossed my mind...

randomUPSISer

Its not really the loss of the turkey that bothers me. It really didnt cost that much. It was the thought and tradition.

No turkey is just yet another chip in the armor of UPS tradition that, at this point, is no longer even shiny due to all the chips from 1999 to now.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I always heard that the turkeys cost less than 10 bucks, but it was the 48 bucks each transportation costs to get them to the centers that made them too expensive.

Such is life.

d

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Funny how everyone bitched at how cheap and lousey the turkeys were .. Now the same ones bitch that we don't get one !! It was a nice gesture on UPS part,but nothing is owed to us but our paychecks. I did enjoy the turkeys in the past.

airbusfxr

Local2727 have members turn in the certificates and then give to local homeless shelters in SDF. The United Way buys jets, race horses, etc etc and UPS loves this type of Charity, but we prefer to give ours directly to people in need.

Cezanne

Funny how everyone bitched at how cheap and lousey the turkeys were .. Now the same ones bitch that we don't get one !! It was a nice gesture on UPS part,but nothing is owed to us but our paychecks. I did enjoy the turkeys in the past.
(True, I have enjoyed the turkeys in the past, except in one in l999. A small case of food poisoning:sick:)

Last edited:

worldwide

Local2727 have members turn in the certificates and then give to local homeless shelters in SDF. The United Way buys jets, race horses, etc etc and UPS loves this type of Charity, but we prefer to give ours directly to people in need.

Great idea. Will all the members of Local 2727 still continue this tradition and donate a turkey to these shelters?