turkeys??

UPSSOCKS

I hate to be a pain but does anyone know a good stuffing recipe? My turkey is so big and juicy I don't want to ruin it with stove top....

P

pickup

I hate to be a pain but does anyone know a good stuffing recipe? My turkey is so big and juicy I don't want to ruin it with stove top....

I encouraged this, I positively repped him for his last statement... this has to be an act.

rushfan

I actually looked forward to the "festive bird". I guess it was tradition. I hope the 007 expense receipts have been cut out also. (inside info told me about receipts with "007" marked on them get paid-no questions asked)

P

pickup

I got my MIP and two turkeys. December isn't even over yet. What's next? I'm hoping for a new suit... Tis the Season......

and that might be your new year's surprise as you do have a new suit on your hands as in a lawSUIT when you hire an attorney to file an(ultimately unsuccessful) unlawful dismissal claim when ups starts its next round of management cuts.

UPSSOCKS

and that might be your new year's surprise as you do have a new suit on your hands as in a lawSUIT when you hire an attorney to file an(ultimately unsuccessful) unlawful dismissal claim when ups starts its next round of management cuts.

I would sacrafice my first born for a unjustly termination from UPS. I would settle out of court for 300k, buy a 20 year old columbian girl, and use the rest of the money to open up a chain of stores called "Sock's Rocks," where I would mass produce and distribute crack/cocaine.

raceanoncr

I would sacrafice my first born if only I could reproduce, for a unjustly termination from UPS. I would settle out of court for 300k, buy a 20 year old columbian girl that's not my sister, and use the rest of the money to open up a chain of stores called "Sock's Sucks," where I would mass produce and distribute crack/cocaine so I wouldn't have to buy it like I do now.

You might try artificial insemination. I hear it works on ladies as young as you.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
All the years when turkeys were given out, lots of folks complained about "the cheap-ass company" and "big deal, a turkey".

Now you act like the turkey was made of solid gold. My gosh, turkeys are cheap this time of year and sometimes free with a regular grocery purchase. You'll get a much better feeling donating something you bought yourself.

It's not personal, it's just business.

I ve always appreciates getting a turkey, especially sence Im on call all the time. It was one lease burden with losen hours even during peak though dont u think we would complain about it.

If someone said a turkey was cheap then how much cheaper is it to not even get a turkey.

I have no problem with the full timers at my hub. They apreciate me but some on here r not even remotly simpathetic to us part timers cause even if a few of them did have to start part time, they didnt go threw the same struggles as us under 5 yr part timers.

Cost of living way up, so even with the progression its lower rate when comparin cost of living now verses when they were part time and they wernt losing hours ner as bad as we are today. I hold a 2nd fulltime job so when i work at UPS I bust my but from 530 a.m. till 830p.m. 15 hour days cause mg hours arnt secure at UPS. Im no kid, im 35 with a family and have suffered with lay offs and company closing losing jobs for years so dont give me that crap talk. MY jobs were foundery pouring metel, plaint folded. BLOCK work masonry, many lay offs there and furniture companies breaking my back so those of you on here saying you dont care can kiss my butt and if its a problem then its your problem. As long as your getting that pay and to many hours then you cant understand our complaints.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you remember getting real turkeys and not just a coupon for a turkey....I imagine it to be a logistical nightmare.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have always appreciated getting a turkey, especially since I am on call all the time. It was one less burden as I am losing hours, even during peak, though don't you think we would complain about it.:wink2:

Someone said a turkey was cheap--how much cheaper is it to not even get a turkey?

I have no problem with the full timers at my hub. They appreciate me but some on here are not even remotely sympathetic to us part timers because, even if a few of them did have to start part time, they didnt go through the same struggles as the less than 5 yr part timers.

Cost of living is way up, so even with the progression, our pay rate is lower when comparing the cost of living now versus when they were part time and they weren't losing hours nearly as bad as we are today. I hold a 2nd fulltime job so when I work at UPS I bust my butt from 530 a.m. till 830p.m. 15 hour days because my hours are not secure at UPS. I'm no kid, I'm 35 with a family and have suffered with lay offs and company closing and losing jobs for years so dont give me that crap talk. MY jobs were foundry pouring metal, plant folded. Block work masonry, many lay offs there and furniture companies, breaking my back so those of you on here saying you dont care can kiss my butt and if its a problem then its your problem. As long as your getting that pay and too many hours then you can't understand our complaints.

I worked harder at fixing this than I did at work today.:wink2:

Clueless does have a point, although it is hard to find in this mess. Part timers today do have it harder than most of us had when we first started out. The pay rate does not reflect the work involved and does need to be addressed but this won't happen until PTers get more involved in the process. The benefits delay, which does make good business sense, will make it that much harder to attract quality candidates. Cost of living is up but I learned a simple formula when I was young--if your expenses exceed your income you need to either reduce your expenses or increase your income. It's pretty simple--live within your means.

Backlasher

Thanks, your okay in my books. I've learned from previous job struggles to adjust my budget accordenly. it's hard to endure for so long though. I understand the economy is what it is and middle age isn't exactly old but it's hard to start from the bottom all over again so late in life. I droped out of college with hopes of a good future in jobs of my past that were great at the time and I put all my heart and drive into them, like masonry. I started out basic labour digging out frozen ground, shoveling snow out before pouring out concrete footers in the middle of winter storms, torching block to melt off the ice and dry em out so we cold build, mixing calcium in mortor to keep it workable in the freezing temps. worked my way up to crew leadr and laying block. Man, I've killed myself over the years just for it all to constantly fall apart and now this. It's the truth but the truth is hard to except.

Even when my dispatch at UPS is lite I still bust my tail to get it off early cause I know that others are struggling to get their air off and maybe I can make a difference and bail them out. It's hard to do that and then go into my other full time job and handle up to 400 pound tables and huge solid wood bookcases with glass doors till 830 at night knowing that I could be laid off tommarrow at UPS which I hope for as a career.
My other job cut us 20% pay due to the "economy" even though business is booming for them, they like many places are extorting the economical circumstances

I understand the corporate reasons for things, it's business. I can't say that I would do things differently if I was in that position cause if I was I probably wouldn't be who I am today.

I just wish it wasn't this way.

Backlasher

If you remember getting real turkeys and not just a coupon for a turkey....I imagine it to be a logistical nightmare.

Yep, I've had the benifit of getting real turkeys in a white UPS box the 1st few years that I started. My 1st year I ran air out and after my route I would meet at a UPS store and pack my truck to the gills with their pickups and would meet a full timer and be his jumper out in an interesting route mixed with high class commercial and later do resi's in ghetto land. We blew that route out. It was a rush, managers still pat me on the back for it and want me out jumping again. I wish I didn't need this 2nd job so I could do it this year. He would tell me how when he started he used to snatch up 3 or 4 turkeys. That's probably why UPS had good reason to change over to turkey gift cards. I don't blame them. We also had a lot of turkeys left going to waste in the yard trailer as well, man what a mess that was.

Still wish, it would be 1 less hardship to deal with.

Backlasher

I don't want any mis understandings.

I feel for you full timers. I honestly due. I do know what you guys have to go threw. I go threw the same just not the same way as you. Hope everyone gets threw this season with their health, integrity, pride and safety of public on roads. In the end we endure for our families and livelyhood so lets not cut each other apart.

As for you UPS socks.
It's not the point of your opinion that matters. We all have different views. What matters is the way & how you aproach with your opinion.
You have no right to pull it off the way you do and if you manage then you'd better figure it out.