turkeys??

Braveheart

We will not be getting coupons this year. This will hurt the charities that we used to donate the unused coupons to, along with other items, in gift baskets.
I was told by a source no turkeys this year.

Sure is a shame as about 40-50% of our guys donated them to a local charity.

Just proves there are a bunch of turkeys in corporate.

over9five

Staff member

They can still donate a turkey to the charity. Why don't you take up a collection for the charity? All the guys who used to donate a turkey could throw in 10 bucks.

worldwide

What's stopping the same 40-50% of the guys from purchasing a turkey and donating them to the local charity? Or, what's stopping the Teamsters from giving out a turkey coupon to each UPS Teamster?

SKAGITDRIVER

yeah everyone used to joke about the turkeys that were given out but most of the drivers that I know gave them to the needy and in a small town 20 or so turkeys that went to needy families adds up in a hurry although I never did use my turkey bucks from last year

moreluck

golden ticket member
Donating turkeys to charity DOES NOT hinge on whether UPS gives you a turkey or not. You make good money, go buy a turkey and donate it !!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Donating turkeys to charity DOES NOT hinge on whether UPS gives you a turkey or not. You make good money, go buy a turkey and donate it !!

I could use a donation. i ll pm u my address. just dr side door. its parishable so u shouldnt need a sig.

whiskey

They can still donate a turkey to the charity. Why don't you take up a collection for the charity? All the guys who used to donate a turkey could throw in 10 bucks.
I suppose corporate did think about giving turkeys this year. So, it's the thought that counts.

UPSSOCKS

Delicious%20Turkey.jpg

This is my turkey, there are many like it but this one is mine.

Where is your turkey at TEAMSTERS?

stllhr

First time replier, Long time UPS teamster driver.

We all agree u can still donate a turkey by buying it yourself, the point is its a slap in the face when a multi-billion dollar company can't give some sort of appreciation to the employees who make them all that money thru out the year. There will be people who say " no thats not true" but you and I both know the higher ups will be getting some sort of Christmas bonus, supervisors will be getting some sort of Christmas bonus, The working men and women that make the company what it is will be getting squat. From what ive been told by some supervisor friends of mine what they usually get for a bonus would be enough to buy 333 (roughly) employees a turkey. Go figure the ones that do the least get the most.

bluehdmc

You work, you make money for the company and in turn they give you money for your work. Sounds OK to me.

While I agree with the above. (after all I wasn't looking for a bonus or a turkey or anything else when I was hired).

Why is it that the "rank and file" or "members of the bargaining unit" or

however you want to describe hourly workers is supposed to be happy

with the, "You got hired to do a job and get paid for it." There seems to

be an attitude with management employees (and not just at UPS, think

AIG, and the other Wall St goons who's antics contributed greatly to the

current state of the economy) that they are ENTITLED to bonuses, even

if the company doesn't make any money.

Isn't it sorta the same thing when they grumble they didn't get their bonuses, (after all was the bonus amount discussed when they were hired or promoted?) As the other employees grumbling about their turkeys? ( a tradition that has been going on for How? many years)

UPSSOCKS

First time replier, Long time UPS teamster driver.

We all agree u can still donate a turkey by buying it yourself, the point is its a slap in the face when a multi-billion dollar company can't give some sort of appreciation to the employees who make them all that money thru out the year. There will be people who say " no thats not true" but you and I both know the higher ups will be getting some sort of Christmas bonus, supervisors will be getting some sort of Christmas bonus, The working men and women that make the company what it is will be getting squat. From what ive been told by some supervisor friends of mine what they usually get for a bonus would be enough to buy 333 (roughly) employees a turkey. Go figure the ones that do the least get the most.

Well that's what management is all about. It has nothing to do with who does more. I am in management because I like being the boss. I like to tell people what to do. What you don't understand is I am responsible for what 382 teamsters do on a daily basis. So who does more. You might deliver, load, or unload 1,000 packages, but I am responsible for 235,000 of them. For that I get a bonus, for that I use my company amex card to buy as many turkeys as I want. I would love to switch positions with you for a quarter. Think about all of the people you work with, now every time one of them does something wrong I am coming after YOU. That's my world.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Well that's what management is all about. It has nothing to do with who does more. I am in management because I like being the boss. I like to tell people what to do. What you don't understand is I am responsible for what 382 teamsters do on a daily basis. So who does more. You might deliver, load, or unload 1,000 packages, but I am responsible for 235,000 of them. For that I get a bonus, for that I use my company amex card to buy as many turkeys as I want. I would love to switch positions with you for a quarter. Think about all of the people you work with, now every time one of them does something wrong I am coming after YOU. That's my world.

I can agree that both sides of the field has a trade off with pros ans cons. Same stresses in different forms, but if all we r intitled to is our payrate and not perks due to profits then why is that not being reflected on both fronts as well even with less volumn we just get routes and jobs cut while the workers remaining still run heavy
and carry heavy burdens making sacrifices. Not just management and corp. So shouldnt we all b cut perks. 420,000 turkeys is alot of cash but so are the bonuses. Take the salary and expect no more like the rest of us cause in the end they carry no larger portion of this company then we do.