turkeys??

UPSSOCKS

I can agree that both sides of the field has a trade off with pros ans cons. Same stresses in different forms, but if all we r intitled to is our payrate and not perks due to profits then why is that not being reflected on both fronts as well even with less volumn we just get routes and jobs cut while the workers remaining still run heavy
and carry heavy burdens making sacrifices. Not just management and corp. So shouldnt we all b cut perks. 420,000 turkeys is alot of cash but so are the bonuses. Take the salary and expect no more like the rest of us cause in the end they carry no larger portion of this company then we do.

But it is our company the revenue is ours and the bonuses are ours. The union workers have no claim on anything. They are just hired help. Union workers are just rentals. Management has a vested interest in the company.

rod

Retired 22 years
But it is our company the revenue is ours and the bonuses are ours. The union workers have no claim on anything. They are just hired help. Union workers are just rentals. Management has a vested interest in the company.

Thats funny. I saw twice as many management get the long walk out the door (permanently that is) in my career than union workers. A couple of times I had management (one center manager and one DM) tell me right to my face that they were "going to have my job". And within a few years I imagine they really wish they did have it because they were out the door. :wink2:

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner

Unless u have ownership in this company, cant b replaced, cant b fired, then u cant claim that stake. management can b replaced and there is just as long a line of people waiting for an opportunity with work experience and educational background to take your place as well as us, so u dont have that claim. Get over it.

wether any side wants to admit it or not, we are 1 body and the head, hands and feet reley on each other for the other to survive.

Get off that high horse, it wasnt just sorting numbers that built this company. what about all the people that process and do the delivery. The area knowledge as well that gave us efficiency before the computer and even in the midst of the tech. world we still need men with strength and an educated mind to physically do the work. data entry means nothing without able body to do the work.

Last edited:
And hourly workers don't? you know as well as anyone on this board that union member workers at UPS can and many do own stock in the company. The difference is they bought their stock with hard earned money, not with chapped lips.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
And hourly workers don't? you know as well as anyone on this board that union member workers at UPS can and many do own stock in the company. The difference is they bought their stock with hard earned money, not with chapped lips.

I 2ND that and raise it up. let it b clearly noted that the chaped lips is symptom which is caused by '' working under the table''.

M

Meliorate

I thought you got chapped lips from riding with the left door open?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Well that's what management is all about. It has nothing to do with who does more. I am in management because I like being the boss. I like to tell people what to do. What you don't understand is I am responsible for what 382 teamsters do on a daily basis. So who does more. You might deliver, load, or unload 1,000 packages, but I am responsible for 235,000 of them. For that I get a bonus, for that I use my company amex card to buy as many turkeys as I want. I would love to switch positions with you for a quarter. Think about all of the people you work with, now every time one of them does something wrong I am coming after YOU. That's my world.
I must say, you certainly must do a good job overseeing 382 Teamsters. I can tell because you appear to have a great deal of time to hang around on Brown Cafe. Of course, I also believe everything I read. Especially on the internet.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Never have I seen a company that treats the hardest working people,so rough shod. No recognition,no thanks..no safety award wallets...

No wonder there is a union at UPS..workers need it to protect themsleves from the company!!..

Which one is the chicken and which one the egg.
UPS treats non-union employees pretty well.
Just an observation.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Well that's what management is all about. It has nothing to do with who does more. I am in management because I like being the boss. I like to tell people what to do. What you don't understand is I am responsible for what 382 teamsters do on a daily basis. So who does more. You might deliver, load, or unload 1,000 packages, but I am responsible for 235,000 of them. For that I get a bonus, for that I use my company amex card to buy as many turkeys as I want. I would love to switch positions with you for a quarter. Think about all of the people you work with, now every time one of them does something wrong I am coming after YOU. That's my world.

If you really are in Oak Creek then step it up. I'm sicking of getting loads so late and not leaving the building until 9:15. We should get the bonus for having to do more every day with less and less time.

UPSSOCKS

Never have I seen a company that treats the hardest working people,so rough shod. No recognition,no thanks..no safety award wallets..nothing but a useless plaque..how much in paperwork did it cost the company to send you a safe driving plaque I wonder??

I am happy with the way I am being treated lately....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Which one is the chicken and which one the egg.
UPS treats non-union employees pretty well.
Just an observation.

They do? They're paying a 3 year PT non-union employee $10/hr on my twilight shift. That is pretty well?,.. when all the union PTs with 3 years are making considerably more per hour, with 1/2 cost in benefits as well? :sick:

Oh I see, you meant treated well as far as preferential treatment for sneaking around doing union work where no one is looking. I agree with that.

upser_J

The Turkey Says:

"Not this year, only management will eat me for free this christmas. Why don't you go buy a turkey instead of begging management for one. No turkey for teamsters!"

dont eat too much turkey and get sick.... enjoy your new co-pays at the dr's office!

brownIEman

Getting a turkey or not is a direct reflection on how well the company is being managed, period.

Maybe. But maybe it is past due time to discontinue that tradition. Being the highest paid (by far) in the industry and griping about a $15 turkey is a direct reflection of what petty a@@ spoiled whiners we have become, period.

That statement goes equally for hourly and management by the way.

CharleyHustle

"Maybe"

No. UPS, along with many other corporations have for many years budgeted to bestow trinkets on their employees at the Holidays. I guess I missed the press release that said we don't get turkeys because we made too much.

Who made me the "highest paid"? The Teamsters? That's a laugh. Look-it, I don't want a turkey. Discontinue the tradition, fine. But to insinuate that the company is managed well but the employees make too much money is a little oxymornic.

UPSSOCKS

They do? They're paying a 3 year PT non-union employee $10/hr on my twilight shift. That is pretty well?,.. when all the union PTs with 3 years are making considerably more per hour, with 1/2 cost in benefits as well? :sick:

Oh I see, you meant treated well as far as preferential treatment for sneaking around doing union work where no one is looking. I agree with that.

A three year non-union? If it is a part time supervisor, someone lied to you. The bottom rate a part-time supervisor can start at is 13.75 and hour. That's the base pay for someone with no time with the company yet.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A three year non-union? If it is a part time supervisor, someone lied to you. The bottom rate a part-time supervisor can start at is 13.75 and hour. That's the base pay for someone with no time with the company yet.

I am talking about a non-union hourly that works inside the office, aside sneaking around doing bargaining unit work whenever asked. NOT a part-time supervisor.

P.S. I know of one part-time supervisor, that as of last year, was making under $13/hr.

rod

Retired 22 years
Speaking of turkeys- I just had about 15 wild ones fly in front of my truck on the way to town. The dumb things came right across the hwy about 4 feet in the air. Thats the 1st time I ever had to come to a complete stop (no on was behind me) to let birds cross.:wink2: I should have opened my window and trapped a half a dozen or so.