Turkey's?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The issue isn't the cost of a turkey but why our founding owner gave it to his employees !

It's funny now when you see the "new" UPS use Casey's quotes instead of his ideals !

Merry Xmas

worldwide

To everyone that took the turkey that UPS gave you and donated it to a local charity, what's stopping you from spending your own money to buy one and donate it? Seems disingenuous to complain that UPS is cheap/heartless for no longer giving you a turkey that you would then donate. Does everyone that used to donate the turkey given to them by UPS buy one themselves to donate? If not, why not? If it was such a great thing to give away something given to you for free, wouldn't it be great to continue that good deed? If not, why not?

trouble maker

yeah...$30/hr plus an industry leading benefit and pension package...they sure treat us like crap, don't they?

The people I truly feel sorry for are those who would be eating the turkey that I would have donated.

Oh, and those like yourself with your sense of entitlement...
When they gave out the coupons for the turkeys, I would put mine in my churches collection basket. I knew it would reach someone in need.

airbusfxr

Just airline employees received turkeys (2) and safety awards due to grievance. I suggest you file under maintenance of standards.

tieguy

Banned
To everyone that took the turkey that UPS gave you and donated it to a local charity, what's stopping you from spending your own money to buy one and donate it? Seems disingenuous to complain that UPS is cheap/heartless for no longer giving you a turkey that you would then donate. Does everyone that used to donate the turkey given to them by UPS buy one themselves to donate? If not, why not? If it was such a great thing to give away something given to you for free, wouldn't it be great to continue that good deed? If not, why not?

I'm with ya. Ever since those three goons visited me one Xmas eve I've gotten a lot of joy out of feeding the poor and buying toys for needy kids.

brownIEman

The issue isn't the cost of a turkey but why our founding owner gave it to his employees !

It's funny now when you see the "new" UPS use Casey's quotes instead of his ideals !

Merry Xmas

But even our founding owner recognized the need to change with the times. He did not start out giving turkeys. He started giving drivers a gold coin every Christmas. Not sure when it changed to a turkey. However, human nature being what it is, I bet there was plenty of grumbling amongst the driver ranks the first year a turkey was substituted for the gold...

pretzel_man

Merry Xmas

Casey also took away the turkeys when the business climate dictated. I think that was 7 years.

airbusfxr

Would that be under the "we make $43/hr but damn it we still want our turkeys" article in the NMA?

Your an #%&*!, we are under the RLA of 1929. I would love to be under the NMA and we would have had a contract in 2006, but airline employees have a different path. You have no idea what airline employees even contribute to the success of UPS. Matter of fact most airline employees donate their turkeys to SDF charities. We also received our safety awards quit crying because you gave yours back without a fight. Thats your problem upstate buffalo bill, you are weak and will give back without a fight. UPS loves weak sheep like you, you take what is thrown in the trough and when its gone you dont put up a fight. OBTW 43/hr is wages from 2005 and turkeys and safety awards are just UPSCOs way of saying thanks for helping out.

airbusfxr

I have talked to several line crewmembers and the story is that the IPA will not set talks until the mechanics have a new contract. UPset will you also tell UPS to settle with local2727.org before they set talks with you? Oh I bet not, you will be first with your hand out screw every one else.

Non sequitur

yeah...$30/hr plus an industry leading benefit and pension package...they sure treat us like crap, don't they?

The people I truly feel sorry for are those who would be eating the turkey that I would have donated.

Oh, and those like yourself with your sense of entitlement...
This guy must be in management. Sounds like he thinks we don't deserve what we get paid. Why don't you show us your paycheck and we can decide if your worth it. Unless you walk in a mans shoes you should keep your opinion about his pay to yourself. UPS isn't successful because it gives money away.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ahhhh, I can see now how a prize like this would improve your self-image and make you feel good about yourself....all warm & fuzzy....oh wait, that's feather stubs :knockedout:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I hate to break it to you guys but they werent really turkeys.They were penguin carcasses donated from a Norwegian test lab trying to find a cure for the clap.The lab started charging 5 cents per carcass, so goodbye "turkey" ! Merry Christmas