Turn a P1200 into a Food Truck

bbsam

Staff member
I think that guy is one of the only ground contractors being straight on here. And sjh. I think its a lady but sorry sjh if I'm wrong.

Not when he doesn't come on here and explain exactly how he went about buying into Ground. He went in with eyes wide open and came here asking questions first. I told him exactly the questions to ask and what documents to look at and numbers to crunch. Not when he spent the year ready to sell because at every turn he's scared the company is going to can him and definitely not when he claims to have other better paying options, can make $50 grand off the sale, and otherwise does not make any money but stays anyway. No, Nick is not being straight.

overflowed

Not when he doesn't come on here and explain exactly how he went about buying into Ground. He went in with eyes wide open and came here asking questions first. I told him exactly the questions to ask and what documents to look at and numbers to crunch. Not when he spent the year ready to sell because at every turn he's scared the company is going to can him and definitely not when he claims to have other better paying options, can make $50 grand off the sale, and otherwise does not make any money but stays anyway. No, Nick is not being straight.
Don't worry SAM I remember him doing that, my point is actually all the contractors I've ever talked to sound like him. My co-workers and I have been bothered by ground contracters at bars on a Friday night asking all kinds of crazy shute. They all just talk like he does, same questions, same stuff he doesn't like. Just saying you seem like the only one I've ever kinda talked to that says they're doing so well. Guess that's a compliment to your business prowess Gekko.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, there's stuff I don't like. Lots of it. But overall, big picture, I could do far worse. My guess is Nick is in the same position or he'd have been gone long ago.

sjh

i remember that one or 2 stepvans had that cover-up vinyl sheets to cover up the logo for non-fedex use of the vehicles over the weekend... i'll have to ask my contractor what happened to them. the terminal are supposed to supply it to the contractors or do the contractors have to purchase those cover-ups?

They were provided by FedEx.

sjh

Don't worry SAM I remember him doing that, my point is actually all the contractors I've ever talked to sound like him. My co-workers and I have been bothered by ground contracters at bars on a Friday night asking all kinds of crazy shute. They all just talk like he does, same questions, same stuff he doesn't like. Just saying you seem like the only one I've ever kinda talked to that says they're doing so well. Guess that's a compliment to your business prowess Gekko.

We're not an ISP state, so things are different over here. FedEx was never a "dream" job for us, but it fell into our laps so we ran with it. What we saw, though, was when it transitioned from single route ownership to mandatory multiple route ownership, guys had to transition from being a driver to being a business owner. There's a big difference, and the guys who didn't take it seriously floundered.