Turn by turn

SmithBarney

As a tool, it's a life saver. After time, it's an annoyance that the driver no longer needs or uses. 3, 5 days. 3 weeks if necessary. Who cares?

Have that same driver use a real map, and after 3 weeks of scanning (with his eyes) the maps over and over, it becomes really easy to remember routes..

We have a driver on who religiously uses a GPS, can't be bothered to learn where things are, we've asked them 3 days in a row to take a certain stop... he can't remember where it is, because he relies on GPS too heavily. It is a good tool.
-a Tool is only as good as the craftsman using it.

RedAngel

Like I said you can't do Same-day city without a GPS in the metro Los Angeles area we're every day is a new stop
Here's a GPS we used Power by Google maps in partnership with FedEx services.In smith system training class not only did we do the class but also had to do a ride along with the driving instructor and one of the things he told us "you using a GPS does not distract a driver from driving as long as your using the All Good Kids like Milk keys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Have that same driver use a real map, and after 3 weeks of scanning (with his eyes) the maps over and over, it becomes really easy to remember routes..

We have a driver on who religiously uses a GPS, can't be bothered to learn where things are, we've asked them 3 days in a row to take a certain stop... he can't remember where it is, because he relies on GPS too heavily. It is a good tool.
-a Tool is only as good as the craftsman using it.
Sounds like not all drivers are the same.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Like I said you can't do Same-day city without a GPS in the metro Los Angeles area we're every day is a new stop
Here's a GPS we used Power by Google maps in partnership with FedEx services.In smith system training class not only did we do the class but also had to do a ride along with the driving instructor and one of the things he told us "you using a GPS does not distract a driver from driving as long as your using the All Good Kids like Milk keys

Yup, I stated to use the 3rd key for using a GPS and you shouldn't have to be surprised with other distractions...

That opco sounds interesting... We don't have that in my area or I don't see them on the road. Is your delivery route set up in stop order?

dvalleyjim

Go in the back of the truck. Grab a package and go deliver it. Then go back into the truck and grab another package and go deliver it. Repeat as necessary. You should be finished in a few days.

I knew a guy who actually did his route this way and stayed contracted for 5 years before the terminated him.