turn in old uniforms??

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was cleaning out my closet in that photo, it didn't include about four jackets. I took a couple of bags and turned them in, I need to get rid of some more.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had about 3 trash bags of uniforms when I retired, plus the stuff I found buried in the back of closets later. I kept them waiting for UPS to ask for them back until I finally tossed them out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had about 3 trash bags of uniforms when I retired, plus the stuff I found buried in the back of closets later. I kept them waiting for UPS to ask for them back until I finally tossed them out.

Why would you wait? They are clearly marked as UPS property and you had no right to keep them and then dispose of them on your own.

ikoi62

i just retired a few weeks ago,had 3 bags of uniforms in the back of my pickup for over a month. they were wet and smelly,after cake and breakfast the center manager went on the road. i dumped them in his office and opened the bags lol the Oms (a friend) called me later to say he was flipping out over the smell :poop::poop: lol

brownelf

I'm done the end of January, when the cold weather hits I'm going to turn in all my summer uniforms. Was told to destroy the old logo stuff and toss it. It's amazing how much other job related stuff I won't need anymore from long underwear to socks and coolers. The only thing I'd like to keep is one of my Circle of Honor shirts so I can put the patch on my riding jacket.

trickpony1

I did not turn all my unis in when retired. saved some for halloween . last year got a ton of candy.

It would be really cool if you could do a strip act, on the pole, at the club wearing your browns.

.....or better yet, do birthday parties where you deliver a package to the unsuspecting birthday guy and then strip. Yowsa!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Are you finally thinking of retirement?

I think about it all the time. I will top out on my pension in January and I can still stick money in my 401K for one more year. If I found another job that I would enjoy doing more I would file the paperwork now. I usually go on the road four days a week, I have been slowing down a little bit. I still usually run scratch, I had a decent time study done on my route. No pickups and about 95% residential. I'm still having fun, I have always enjoyed working. I'm not in any great hurry. I'm looking at options like moving to Central America at the present time.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I think about it all the time. I will top out on my pension in January and I can still stick money in my 401K for one more year. If I found another job that I would enjoy doing more I would file the paperwork now. I usually go on the road four days a week, I have been slowing down a little bit. I still usually run scratch, I had a decent time study done on my route. No pickups and about 95% residential. I'm still having fun, I have always enjoyed working. I'm not in any great hurry. I'm looking at options like moving to Central America at the present time.

Good for you. Transfer to central America?

Your route is similar to mine. Nothing like window time.

I have been taking a lot of Monday's and Friday's lately. Maybe preparing for peak. Only good thing is I get about 40 more stops. That a helper does all the deliveries. I just sort and drive

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wu*?

Are you having financial difficulties?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No, I have over six figures in investments, no car notes, and I keep a few thousand as a minimum balance in my checking account. Money has never been a problem with me. When I started with UPS as a 17 year old, I always had money in my pocket, I never asked for a single penny from my parents since then. I simply enjoy keeping busy. I volunteer at my church, a local state park, and I help needy people with home repairs. Some people might think I'm crazy, I don't care.

No, I have over six figures in investments, no car notes, and I keep a few thousand as a minimum balance in my checking account. Money has never been a problem with me. When I started with UPS as a 17 year old, I always had money in my pocket, I never asked for a single penny from my parents since then. I simply enjoy keeping busy. I volunteer at my church, a local state park, and I help needy people with home repairs. Some people might think I'm crazy, I don't care.
It's your life. Do what makes you happy.