Turning in the shorts

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Canuck83, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Canuck83

Canuck83 New Member

I spent the last 10 months as a helper, AM unloader, PM local sorter, and occasional cover driver. I put up with a lot of nonsense about production, occasional paychecks in the double digits, and mindless DOK pop quizzes. I accepted an offer too good to resist elsewhere in an air conditioned office, but I'll never forget my time in Brown working harder than I ever imagined possible. A tip of the cap to all the guys who do it year in and year out, I'll always have a clearly posted address, be ready to help with the heavy deliveries, and have my pickups and CODs ready at the front desk.
    Here's an artsy shot of my last day driving, luckily on my favorite route to cruise (200+ miles and 5-6 SPORH is considered good).

2. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Good for you. I wish I had found a way out before I got in too deep. Good luck main lander!
  3. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Great picture. Where is that by the way? Good luck to you
  4. UPSmeoff

UPSmeoff Say my name.

5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Congrats and goodluck my friend!! Hope your new venture is as prosperous as you hope it will be.

‚ÄčAnd beautiful pic BTW.
  6. Canuck83

Canuck83 New Member

Big Island of Hawaii. Those are the slopes of Mauna Loa and Kilauea, and some of the clouds are sulfur emissions out of the volcano.
  7. bellesmom

bellesmom Member

8. bigblu 2 you

bigblu 2 you Active Member

dude,you just left the big island?..good luck and God bless.
  9. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

I'm thrilled for you that you can move on to bigger and better things. And that picture is gorgeous!!
  10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Beautiful picture dude. I just saved it as my background on my media center pc.
  11. Good luck my friend
  12. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Good luck amigo, hopefully your staying in beautiful Hawaii.
  13. didyousheetit

didyousheetit Active Member

Nice post and beautiful pic good luck in all your endeavors.
  14. DirtyBird

DirtyBird New Member

That picture should be in the calendar, its better then most shots in there. you should submit it. A few years ago when they had that most important stop is home poster i submitted a picture of my daughter that got picked. i still got it somewhere .
  15. DOK

DOK Active Member

Good luck. So many questions, how does a Canadian end up in Hawaii?
  16. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Boat or a plane, I would guess.